LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

How many of you have lionsgate subscribed? Some content in it is absolutely stunning. Encoding is good I guess.
Not yet. But this is good to hear. May try...
Remember reading somewhere Lionsgate logo never goes away for the entire duration. Is that true?
Also, on a related note, as a prospective buyer, i just realised a lot of content I watch has static logo. Does the logo shift function work well?

Not yet. But this is good to hear. May try...
Remember reading somewhere Lionsgate logo never goes away for the entire duration. Is that true?
Also, on a related note, as a prospective buyer, i just realised a lot of content I watch has static logo. Does the logo shift function work well?
Yes lionsgate logo is big and follows annoyingly. Logo luminescence I have a feel works as Disney hotstar has a diminished faded watermark as a result of it. Also the only times I have had image retention issues are in some YouTube channels where they scribble in white marker. Those things fade away in a matter of seconds. Are they image retention or an optical phenomenon I don't know. But I strongly believe if you do not power off before the cycle of pixel refreshing takes place, your OLED is good. If not followed that's only when your diodes and pixels are going to become weak. If pixel refreshing is completed any adjunct AVR devices like in my case HTRT3 will go into sleep after a few minutes from remote switching off (your firestick or magic remote). Keep it 15 minutes as a thumb rule.

Anybody plz reply my query
I am not an electrical engineer but my setup for a hall TV is a stabilizer which connects to a 1kva ups which powers my 75" Sony 8000h. I have a room tv which is connected to an inverter line with two batteries backup which connects to a stabilizer which powers my lg cx 65".

Yes lionsgate logo is big and follows annoyingly. Logo luminescence I have a feel works as Disney hotstar has a diminished faded watermark as a result of it. Also the only times I have had image retention issues are in some YouTube channels where they scribble in white marker. Those things fade away in a matter of seconds. Are they image retention or an optical phenomenon I don't know. But I strongly believe if you do not power off before the cycle of pixel refreshing takes place, your OLED is good. If not followed that's only when your diodes and pixels are going to become weak. If pixel refreshing is completed any adjunct AVR devices like in my case HTRT3 will go into sleep after a few minutes from remote switching off (your firestick or magic remote). Keep it 15 minutes as a thumb rule.
thanks, sir

I am not an electrical engineer but my setup for a hall TV is a stabilizer which connects to a 1kva ups which powers my 75" Sony 8000h. I have a room tv which is connected to an inverter line with two batteries backup which connects to a stabilizer which powers my lg cx 65".
What's the wattage of your sony 75" tv.
And you are using which ups brand and stabilizer brand (and tell its capacity) for connecting both tv. And also which inverter model you are using.
Thanks

What's the wattage of your sony 75" tv.
And you are using which ups brand and stabilizer brand (and tell its capacity) for connecting both tv. And also which inverter model you are using.
Thanks
I did all those calculations many months ago. Usually 250 watts for a 75" and 600va ups is enough but I have a 1kva microtek. The stabilizer is V guard digi 200 smart with voltage input output display. The stabilizer pulls the load of ups+TV+ boat soundbar for hall TV. The room 65" lg CX and HTRT3 is plugged to a normal V guard voltage stabilizer without voltage display which is plugged to an inverter line luminous 2kva I think with two batteries.

Last edited:
Today the optical cable got disconnected at the HTR3 side when I was cleaning the room. (I stopped my maid since last year May and therefore me and my wife take turns and I am not even sure if it was my fault or hers). When I tried reconnecting, sound does not come but it comes from HTRT3 with Blue tooth. I removed my PS4 HDMI cable and lo and behold the ARC 5.1 works. But optical does not. It makes me control sound through single remote but I liked the optical better. As I don't have to fiddle between PS4 and HDMI arc.

Today the optical cable got disconnected at the HTR3 side when I was cleaning the room. (I stopped my maid since last year May and therefore me and my wife take turns and I am not even sure if it was my fault or hers). When I tried reconnecting, sound does not come but it comes from HTRT3 with Blue tooth. I removed my PS4 HDMI cable and lo and behold the ARC 5.1 works. But optical does not. It makes me control sound through single remote but I liked the optical better. As I don't have to fiddle between PS4 and HDMI arc.
It is your fault!! Don't even dream of disputing it unless you want eviction notice ;D
Cheers,
Raghu

The lg cx picture quality especially the motion has become near perfect.
Whether due to the couple of updates or my setting the picture on smooth setting , dont know , but everything including 720p upscaled etc , looks perfect.
I don't see the motion issues at all now.
Really enjoying the tv quality now .

Started watching the foundation series of asimov on the apple app with great excitement as it was 1 of my favorite book series as a kid.
The 1st episode had quite a bit of motion issues in slow moving scenes at the start. No idea why.
The lg shows a black and white dolby vision symbol at the start of the show.

Planning to replace my cx 65 table base stand with wall mounting.
I know I made a table for it and all but feel like just doing it.
Some suggestions on the right height for wall mounting for a 8 ft distance ?
It's in my bedroom.
Got quoted 3500 for supply and erection of the tv mounting frame on the wall.

It's in my bedroom.
Assume one is sitting up straight so that the eyes are level with midline of screen.
This works out to 38" to 44" from ground to the midline of the screen.

When mounting please ensure that the back of the TV has some space for ventilation.
Also clean the accumulated dust often.

Cheers,
Raghu

It's in my bedroom.
As a rule of thumb, the bottom of a 65" TV should be about 2 feet above the ground. For 77", I'd say about 1 feet 8" above the ground will work well. Even a mediocre TV looks way better when it's mounted at the correct height. Also, the distance between your eye and TV reduces making it more immersive.

As @raghupb said, your eye level should be around the midpoint of the TV, so plan accordingly. You should never have to look up to view the TV. You can also look at TVTooHigh subreddit on what NOT to do.

As a rule of thumb, the bottom of a 65" TV should be about 2 feet above the ground. For 77", I'd say about 1 feet 8" above the ground will work well. Even a mediocre TV looks way better when it's mounted at the correct height. Also, the distance between your eye and TV reduces making it more immersive.

As @raghupb said, your eye level should be around the midpoint of the TV, so plan accordingly. You should never have to look up to view the TV. You can also look at TVTooHigh subreddit on what NOT to do.
Just checked and the bottom of the tv on the stand is exactly 2 ft from the ground. Will lift it by a few inches.
Watching from the bed is proving bad for my neck , time to squeeze in a lazy boy next to the bed. Or maybe something resembling a lazy boy but for the bed.
The oled has resulted in my watching too much tv.

All depends on your viewing position, Maint.
1. Start by finding your most frequent position, especially since you say it is a bedroom.
2. Once you know your most frequent position, measure the vertical distance from your eyes to ground.
3. Try and get the mid-point of the screen to this height on the wall. Some prefer 1/3 from bottom of screen for eye level too. So figure out which level works for you.
4. If your sight line is going to be parallel to the ground, you have found your height.
5. On the other hand, if you find that your sight line is tilted upwards due to any recline angle at your viewing position, you may want to mount the TV a little higher, and then tilt it a little downwards from the mount.
It's in my bedroom.
6. If you have still not bought the mount, look for one that allows a few degrees of movement up/down, and also right/left.
Trust this helps.
Regards

Just checked and the bottom of the tv on the stand is exactly 2 ft from the ground. Will lift it by a few inches.
Watching from the bed is proving bad for my neck , time to squeeze in a lazy boy next to the bed. Or maybe something resembling a lazy boy but for the bed.

EDIT: You'll then need a bit of tilt either way.

Last edited:
In my room it is a swivel mount. So the mount is fixed approximately 3.5 to 4 feet from floor level in the wall. While In my elliptical or a chair near it, I have to tilt the screen to the left and at couch potato position at bed, it has to be swiveled to the right.

Back