LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

3 months conclusions -
Great tv.
Put all video modes on natural motion
Voice is not clear , some type of external speaker system is required. Experimented a bit with a legacy speaker system. Much better sound.
Was going to buy a soundbar but the experience of ppl like doni here put me off, as i needed just clear dialogue.
Again great tv . If you can get it a good price, go for it.

Hi, looking to pick up an Oled around Diwali and have been checking the LGs out.
Found their 4-way zoom for cinemascope content really cool. Did work for me in the quick demo clip I saw.
Has anyone tried doing it? Does it work well all the time? Or does it really distort the aspect ratio? What are your thoughts? Would you recommend it?

Also, if the room is pitch dark, will the black bars vanish in the background?

Hi all,
So thrilled to share that LG GX-65 is now part of our family.
The size, picture quality, and overall aesthetics are just amazing!!!
Bought it from Great Eastern, Alambagh, Lucknow. Easily, the very best place in terms of price, support, and customer service. Highly recommended.

View attachment 59320Thank you all for helping me arrive at the decision.
Breathtaking! Is the wall concrete or stone? Or drywall?

Nicely done.
So, the mount is drilled through the board and on to a concrete wall?
On the board. Could have done it on the wall too, though.
Will share the pics.

PIC 1: When flushed, the gap is ~3 inches; can make it close to zero if I get the mount drilled to the wall.
PIC 3: When extended, the TV comes out ~6 inches, with four way tilt (up, down, left and right) the TV can move ~12 inches away from one side

Attachments

• 3.tv.jpeg
    3.tv.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.TV.jpeg
    2.TV.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1. TV.jpeg
    1. TV.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 38
Will share the pics.

PIC 1: When flushed, the gap is ~3 inches; can make it close to zero if I get the mount drilled to the wall.
PIC 3: When extended, the TV comes out ~6 inches, with four way tilt (up, down, left and right) the TV can move ~12 inches away from one side
Its a 32 kg tv. And the stand must be a few more kgs. And the weight is coming solely on 4 screws on a 19 mm thick plywood ? The strength of the screws(bolts with nuts and washers would have been better) is not a issue but the tv weight along with stand weight should not rip the threads from the plywood.
Have a similar setup for a 32" led but its much lighter.
If a metal plate was mated to the plywood or large washers for a nut bolt system , it would be much better.
Or as discussed above, some support to the screws from the concrete wall.

Will share the pics.

Wow! For my room, I was wondering whether to do it direct on concrete or on the drywall stud.
Are you satisfied it is holding well mounted just on the board?

Its a 32 kg tv. And the stand must be a few more kgs. And the weight is coming solely on 4 screws on a 19 mm thick plywood ? The strength of the screws(bolts with nuts and washers would have been better) is not a issue but the tv weight along with stand weight should not rip the threads from the plywood.
Have a similar setup for a 32" led but its much lighter.
If a metal plate was mated to the plywood or large washers for a nut bolt system , it would be much better.
Or as discussed above, some support to the screws from the concrete wall.
Excellent point. Let me reveiw the system at home.

While my son and wife discussed the setup with our carpenter and the LG engineer who came to install this, I wasn't at home when the installation happened.

A major update: While casually checking the settings I realised that the TV has running hours of 675! Which for 2hr/day if viewing would mean that the TV has been in use for ~1 year. Now the TV is Dec 2020 built and was installed in the first week of July, so that opens up other negative thoughts.

Spoke to the vendor and the LG. They immediately started with a replacement unit. But, am super pissed off and have asked LG to explain why I should not initiate a legal case for cheating and sending a used/display model despite charging for new.

Am evaluating my option and would really value advice from the forum members.

Thanks!

Excellent point. Let me reveiw the system at home.

While my son and wife discussed the setup with our carpenter and the LG engineer who came to install this, I wasn't at home when the installation happened.

A major update: While casually checking the settings I realised that the TV has running hours of 675! Which for 2hr/day if viewing would mean that the TV has been in use for ~1 year. Now the TV is Dec 2020 built and was installed in the first week of July, so that opens up other negative thoughts.

Spoke to the vendor and the LG. They immediately started with a replacement unit. But, am super pissed off and have asked LG to explain why I should not initiate a legal case for cheating and sending a used/display model despite charging for new.

Am evaluating my option and would really value advice from the forum members.

Thanks!
Shucks! That is major.
Was that an authorised dealer?
I have seen a few cases on this same thread (especially one Satya Electronics in Pondy?) and have also read all the replies.
Taking this up with the official LG India people is the best route to go.
What the vendor did was obviously devious, but I personally wouldn't pursue the legal route - on an average, consumer cases will take about 4 years for resolution.
If I were you, my steps would be:
1. First of all, a higher model replacement with full free installation. In your case, that would be a 2020 GX, or the 2021 C1 or G1. (Already having seen your set up, ask those cheats to give you a replacement G1 at no cost)
2. Ask for LG to take punitive action against the vendor and show proof to you - of course, this will bring the vendor into the picture and they will try to apologise, grovel, and maska maro you. How you deal with them will be up to you and your judgment.
3. All said, a clear proof of a strong reprimand to the vendor and a G1 as a replacement with full installation and calibration is the proper penance I personally would have demanded with LG.

It is, of course, sad you had to go through this, but a strong deterrent to the vendor without having their dealership cancelled and a satisfactory replacement for you would be the best solution, IMO.

PS: With the number of such experiences I am seeing online, I have a feeling that vendors are just shipping out demo pieces left right and centre and hoping they will get caught in at best one or two out of 10 cases. Very poor ethics and professionalism.

Shucks! That is major.
Was that an authorised dealer?
I have seen a few cases on this same thread (especially one Satya Electronics in Pondy?) and have also read all the replies.
Taking this up with the official LG India people is the best route to go.
What the vendor did was obviously devious, but I personally wouldn't pursue the legal route - on an average, consumer cases will take about 4 years for resolution.
If I were you, my steps would be:
1. First of all, a higher model replacement with full free installation. In your case, that would be a 2020 GX, or the 2021 C1 or G1. (Already having seen your set up, ask those cheats to give you a replacement G1 at no cost)
2. Ask for LG to take punitive action against the vendor and show proof to you - of course, this will bring the vendor into the picture and they will try to apologise, grovel, and maska maro you. How you deal with them will be up to you and your judgment.
3. All said, a clear proof of a strong reprimand to the vendor and a G1 as a replacement with full installation and calibration is the proper penance I personally would have demanded with LG.

It is, of course, sad you had to go through this, but a strong deterrent to the vendor without having their dealership cancelled and a satisfactory replacement for you would be the best solution, IMO.

PS: With the number of such experiences I am seeing online, I have a feeling that vendors are just shipping out demo pieces left right and centre and hoping they will get caught in at best one or two out of 10 cases. Very poor ethics and professionalism.
Thanks, Buddy!

Indeed legal route requires a major dose of patience. This is a good line of action.

Thanks, will keep the forum members updated.

Back