LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Obviously not their fault that hotstar has not rolled out the 4k update on webos but they should also taken it up with hotstar as being an organisation it would have created more pressure on hotstar to update at the earliest and would have benefitted the end consumers. Though in India I would have been surprised if LG had actually taken the cudgels on our behalf. As expected.
Would have had no issues if in the western market the same tv was not having disney app in 4k. Also through firestick members here are reporting 4k resolution since July 20. So its not integrated in LG India, while hotstar app has 4k through other providers.

Obviously not their fault that hotstar has not rolled out the 4k update on webos but they should also taken it up with hotstar as being an organisation it would have created more pressure on hotstar to update at the earliest and would have benefitted the end consumers. Though in India I would have been surprised if LG had actually taken the cudgels on our behalf. As expected.
Do the Sony Oleds Android tvs or the Samsung Qleds run hotstar in 4k?

Thanks.

Do the Sony Oleds Android tvs or the Samsung Qleds run hotstar in 4k?

Thanks.
I dont think it is rolled out for samsung but I think they must be streaming 4k on android based tvs as their android app having 4k support has been released. Some sony/android tv owners can confirm this.

Well I do use a firestick 4k for hotstar

Their Firestick version is pretty solid, it's doing 4K, HDR since Mandelorian.
I have firestick 4k.sometimes it lags on that also. especially if I am watching live sports.ideally, it suppose to work flawlessly on every device and every platform.take a look at Netflix or youtube those work flawlessly.Also every one of these doing 4k and HDR.this is the least we can expect.

I have firestick 4k.sometimes it lags on that also. especially if I am watching live sports.
It's common problem with live sports streaming across all the platforms/apps since it can't do 60 frames like DTH/Cable. For Sports, DTH/Cable is the way.

It's common problem with live sports streaming across all the platforms/apps since it can't do 60 frames like DTH/Cable. For Sports, DTH/Cable is the way.
I am not commenting on PQ.I am talking about buffering.Its servers can not handle the load

Its servers can not handle the load
I hear you, they need to scale up a lot to be in this game. Most of the time, it’s not only the server but also the architecture (load balancing of API calls, implementation of Microservices) that Makes/Breaks the user experience.

edit:-typo

Last edited:
Cx is the worst in the list .
So i wasn't imagining the headache inducing stutter while watching sports and other stuff.
Still not happy with my experience.

Cx is the worst in the list .
So i wasn't imagining the headache inducing stutter while watching sports and other stuff.
Still not happy with my experience.

This sports content is a big problem on all high end TV's, I have created a separate thread so we can discuss this stutter issue and need for low stutter TV's, let us contribute and discuss:

Hi all,
So thrilled to share that LG GX-65 is now part of our family.
The size, picture quality, and overall aesthetics are just amazing!!!
Bought it from Great Eastern, Alambagh, Lucknow. Easily, the very best place in terms of price, support, and customer service. Highly recommended.

IMG_20210706_183502~2.jpgThank you all for helping me arrive at the decision.

Attachments

• IMG-20210706-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20210706-WA0025.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 100
I am making a 1700 x 500 x 550 mm ht plywood box type stand for my 65". 19 mm thick plywood.
Cut the first large pieces of 1700 x 500 yesterday. No powertools. Ordinary handsaw.
Going for a minimalistic design. No drawers just swing doors. Doing it alone does not make it easy.

Hi all,
So thrilled to share that LG GX-65 is now part of our family.
The size, picture quality, and overall aesthetics are just amazing!!!
Bought it from Great Eastern, Alambagh, Lucknow. Easily, the very best place in terms of price, support, and customer service. Highly recommended.

View attachment 59320Thank you all for helping me arrive at the decision.
Congrats, it's a real beauty... Just wondering if you had hung the unit too high.

Congrats, it's a natural beauty... Just wondering if you had hung the unit too high.
Great observation. And, you are right.
1. Installation done in my absence. So didn't have much say.
2. But, the stand can tilt up/down and sideways. So no harm done.
3. Provides space for a GX 3.1 soundbar, I am eyeing at a bargain during the Diwali season. The soundbar is quite wide, and the space below might serve the purpose.

Overall, the fantastic mount provided by LG offers great viewing options.

But, thanks for your question. Your observation is spot on.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back