LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

I like doing stuff of my own too but sometimes the finishing won't be to craftsmen level. Good job!
The first time i tried something like this though i am a project man from the mechanical branch. Yup pretty happy with the outcome.
And it was so simple.
Thanks to all the diy on YouTube for the inspiration.

Very nice but right next to the door, isn't it risky esp with kids and all?
Its in my bedroom and thats the space available. Would have liked a longer table but since the tv has to come between 2 doors, no space available.
And cant hang it on the wall as its a old house with water seepage problems during the monsoons.
No small kids around so no issues on that front.

That's a nice stand. Could you post a pic of the underside showing the bracing of the front and rear legs? Also, as mentioned above, being so close to the door is a risk. Try placing something between the TV and door frame, so that an accidental swing of an arm topples that thing and not the TV itself.

MaSh

That's a nice stand. Could you post a pic of the underside showing the bracing of the front and rear legs? Also, as mentioned above, being so close to the door is a risk. Try placing something between the TV and door frame, so that an accidental swing of an arm topples that thing and not the TV itself.

MaSh
A plastic band came with the cx. Not using it but maybe i can attach it to the tv and wall.
I didnt take many photos , this might help.
Note that the front long plate is not attached in the photo.
Also the rear long plate is not visible from the front so i kept it at full length for full support. While the front plate is shorter.Screenshot_20210724-062857_Gallery.jpg

A plastic band came with the cx. Not using it but maybe i can attach it to the tv and wall.
I didnt take many photos , this might help.
Note that the front long plate is not attached in the photo.
Also the rear long plate is not visible from the front so i kept it at full length for full support. While the front plate is shorter.
Yes if you can attach the TV to the wall somehow, that should give it some support. Any reason, you did not wall mount the TV?

Yes, now that clears it about the stand. Thank You.

MaSh

Yes if you can attach the TV to the wall somehow, that should give it some support. Any reason, you did not wall mount the TV?

Yes, now that clears it about the stand. Thank You.

MaSh
I have given 3 cross bracings but on YouTube ppl have given additional cross bracings. I felt 3 are adequate. Also base frames should normally be welded, if metal, or assembled like mine and then levelled and machined in one go to get a perfectly level base. But since i don't have any machines at home , i kept the 2 longitudinal base plates as the load carrying ones and the cross bracings a couple of mm shorter.
So the 2 long plates will definitely touch the floor or their is a danger of the stand being loaded on the cross members.
And after placing the stand in place , i have shimmed the small gap below the cross members so that they too take some load.

Hi,

I have faced strange issue today with my CX 65 oled using with Marantz 5010
Arc is getting switched to internal speakers automatically, initially when amp is started it detects hdmi arc and sound output is changed but all of sudden today after sometime it switches to tv internal speaker.
Now even if I select hdmi arc then don’t get any sound, tried all settings such as simplink which is ON, output pass through / auto / pcm, disable / enable quick+
Tried google and I read that many have faced these issue and some bug there
I will be trying tv reset tomorrow and also will raise with LG as it is in warranty

kindly advise and views

thanks

So how has my diy tv stand come off ?
Made in 19mm plywood with sunmica of 0.8 mm.
No power tools used, not even a drill.
Cost 5600 rupees including tools like handsaw , file, etc.
7 days of around 3 to 4 hours.
So you didn't use any wood for the frame. It might be good enough for a light thing like a TV, but a good wooden frame is necessary if you want the thing to last. Alternatively, I have seen a few designs which provide the support structure for the top with same board material but they are stacked quite close to each other in that case.

So you didn't use any wood for the frame. It might be good enough for a light thing like a TV, but a good wooden frame is necessary if you want the thing to last. Alternatively, I have seen a few designs which provide the support structure for the top with same board material but they are stacked quite close to each other in that case.
It is an ego flare that made him do that. Some fmers asked him if he needs to do things by others which is very Indian quintessential and he wanted to show his own craftsmanship. Let's clap to it and not criticize.

19 mm ply is good enough for around 35 kg of TV weight if you dont rely on nails and use screws. Though obviously pure wood is better but difficult to work with.
Actually i was inspired by diy Youtube videos , mainly a Philippines youtuber who made a similar stand by using no powertools and a single piece of plywood.
Oh yeah, I completely understand. It's just that when one makes so much effort, I feel, that one would want it to last a long time and usage can change or increase later. As someone who loves woodworking (getting stuff built, not building myself) I tend to go for longevity. It comes from the guys who we bought most of our furniture from, as they build stuff that lasts for ages. Both our current beds are nearly 20 years old and there is no sag in the plywood because enough wood is used for the frames and the support. I on the other hand don't even like using boards, if I can afford to. The doors that we built recently for our house are solid wooden doors because of that. Same for the false ceiling we did. And I too, only use screws and no nails unless they are finishing nails, but I love using my power tools.

Oh yeah, I completely understand. It's just that when one makes so much effort, I feel, that one would want it to last a long time and usage can change or increase later. As someone who loves woodworking (getting stuff built, not building myself) I tend to go for longevity. It comes from the guys who we bought most of our furniture from, as they build stuff that lasts for ages. Both our current beds are nearly 20 years old and there is no sag in the plywood because enough wood is used for the frames and the support. I on the other hand don't even like using boards, if I can afford to. The doors that we built recently for our house are solid wooden doors because of that. Same for the false ceiling we did. And I too, only use screws and no nails unless they are finishing nails, but I love using my power tools.
The revelation was how easy it was to make . Most of the time was spent on how to start the next step without screwing up. And watching online carpentry tips since this was my first carpentary project. Didnt even buy a right angle tool. Just made the elevation and plan. Made drawings of the plate sizes required. And started cutting with a 130 Rs handsaw.
My last post on the stand as its off topic as pointed out by the young man.

Hi All,

I am planning to buy LG C1 soon(mostly during Diwali) but my primary usage will be in Living room and light can be controlled by using curtains which is fine for Movie watching and HT usage. But my main concern is watching regular OTA content during day time. For regular use(without HT) will it be wise decision to get OLED for living room or entirely ditch OLED and go with Samsung Q90A.

Please advise

Hi All,

I am planning to buy LG C1 soon(mostly during Diwali) but my primary usage will be in Living room and light can be controlled by using curtains which is fine for Movie watching and HT usage. But my main concern is watching regular OTA content during day time. For regular use(without HT) will it be wise decision to get OLED for living room or entirely ditch OLED and go with Samsung Q90A.

Please advise
In your case the Q90A is advisable as hall TVs are prone to surround lightings and a bright QLED tv is better for OTA viewing in ambient lighting conditions. OLED TVs take time to adjust from LCD TVs. OLEDs are dim and crushes grey textures. But once you get the hang of it especially in dark rooms it is worth it. Once you get adjusted watching movies in dark rooms are one of life's greatest pleasures. But with a hall TV your folks will have sun and tube lights fall in and not let you live in a dark den. In such cases you would have to watch in vivid mode which can reduce the lifetime of the panel.

In your case the Q90A is advisable as hall TVs are prone to surround lightings and a bright QLED tv is better for OTA viewing in ambient lighting conditions. OLED TVs take time to adjust from LCD TVs. OLEDs are dim and crushes grey textures. But once you get the hang of it especially in dark rooms it is worth it. Once you get adjusted watching movies in dark rooms are one of life's greatest pleasures. But with a hall TV your folks will have sun and tube lights fall in and not let you live in a dark den. In such cases you would have to watch in vivid mode which can reduce the lifetime of the panel.
Very well summarized, only concern for not considering Q90A was missing Dolby Vision , but hopefully that wont be a deal breaker.

Thanks for your advise

For the first time the aspect ratio bars during the film "Thittam irandu(plan B)" showed a temporary image retention when there was a black out in a scene but only for 1 second. Logo Luminescence limiter(LLL) is set to high. But for A.R. bars there is no need for LLL. Not sure if it is even a problem but willing to discuss about this.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back