LG LB6700 extended warranty help!

prgk13

Hi all... I browsed the forum and since I did not find the solution to my specific query am starting this thread.... and telling this for the benefit of others who are in the same boat. Also any questions abt this model are welcome.

Pl read on...

I bought 47LB6700 during last wk of Nov-2014. Being a beginner and apart from black levels in plasma I, family members, freinds are thoroughly enjoyed 3D in this led till now. ok, few days later after buying this I enquired about ext.warranty (they call it as AMC) and got informed that '3700 / 6000 / 9300 + 8.65% tax' and also that time I specifically asked would it be same if we get it done before the expiry of standard 1yr warranty, they dumb cc guys told 'yes' and though I had budget problem thought of getting it later.

Recently, to my surprise I saw in their website (LINK) AMC price now is 7k per yr + tax !!!??? and which I again enquired with CC guys which they're telling same and reply I told the previous conversation as it was 9300+tax for 3yr. Then he tells its for them if you get it within a month of purchase. I had no proof abt old conversation though. :cool:

Now, for max 3years 7000 x 3yr + tax need to pay around 20k :mad:.

Also 3-4days back, I logged into LG website and told this story in the '
Send a Message to LG Customer Support' section. So far neither got reply, nor I know if my request reached them or not.

Hence, request our esteemed FMs to enlighten me in a right way. What are my choices? Any tips to get it for the old price now.

Last edited:
I recently paid Rs.13038 for 3 yers Warranty for my LG LED TV whose one year warranty is going to expire in a month.

Hi
its for lg 42lb5820, 42 inch.
Regards

Means, you've paid as per latest price.
for 42in, its Rs.5000 x 3year =15000 plus tax 8.65% and less 20% disc = 13038/- (This is way of calc so far what I heard). right na? But, earlier it was less than 10k in your case.
Based on this calc, it wud be 18k+ in my case :mad:

Don't know how to get it for old price!?, seems big amt to shell out.

Massive discounts are available only when we go for it immediately at the time of purchase.

But these are some hidden secrets many are unaware of it !!! Still many people dont think the need of getting ext.warranty keeping in mind of old CRTs or few get it at the end of 1yr std. warranty by paying more for it.

Still expecting advice/comment on this matter, anyone!?.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back