LG C2 55 extended warranty/premium care worth it?

mayanksha

Hi folks, I've recently bought the LG C2 OLED from LG's website for about 1.02L. I've been going through varied experiences of people with LG OLED TVs here and on Reddit, and looks like the community is undecided on whether we should be shelling out money to get the 1/2 year extended warranty or not. What are your thoughts on this? From LG's website, the 2yr AMC is costing about 20K-ish but I've heard that other people have gotten it for cheaper too...not sure how. Do you folks know about this?

Hi folks, I've recently bought the LG C2 OLED from LG's website for about 1.02L. I've been going through varied experiences of people with LG OLED TVs here and on Reddit, and looks like the community is undecided on whether we should be shelling out money to get the 1/2 year extended warranty or not. What are your thoughts on this? From LG's website, the 2yr AMC is costing about 20K-ish but I've heard that other people have gotten it for cheaper too...not sure how. Do you folks know about this?
Pretty sure their warranty doesn’t cover burn in specifically.

LG is usually nice and does replace panels for free cheaper anyway, but may not in your case.

Unless you can get it in written that burn in is covered, extended warranty is a scam

There are two things to keep in mind

1) Post warranty repairs can cost you only about 20k to 30k if it is just a minor issue because they dont do chip level servicing these days. A faulty capacitor can just result in replacing the board and including gst can cost 20k plus. And this too by an unauthorised service center. Service centers will offer you an exchange for something more than Diwali time show room offers or a steep repair cost. In worst scenario, of panel issue, a panel may cost 50k for 55" size for OLEDs.
2) A TV from the big three usually lasts 6 years before problems occur if a good stabilizer is used. (My opinion only) Burn ins are not covered either.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back