LG LM6700 -Review and Questions

dinesha

Hello All!!!

I have recently brought LG 42LM6700. I though I would share with you guys.
2012-08-02 17.46.08.jpg

2012-08-02 17.45.53.jpg

2012-08-03 12.58.43.jpg

2012-08-03 12.58.13.jpg

Initially I had Tata Sky+, but the SD picture quality was such a let dowm. Now I have brought the Tata Sky HD+.

SD picture quality is nothing to talk about however HD viewing is pleasure.

My laymen thoughts
PROS:
Super HD picture quality.
Runs almost all format of movies via USB and DLNA.
I loved playing movies through the Media plex server software running from my laptop. no lag what so ever and option to choose the picture settings.
Excellent passive 3D performance.

CONS:
Low audio output
Excellent wi-fi connectivity
SD picture quality is unbearable more so after watching the HD channels..
At times the software is slow to response
No on/off button on magic motion remote leading to battery drainage even if not used and also causes unintended pointing of remote towards the TV to do unintended things..

The TV was brought on first week of August. Since installation and above picture, the tv's firmware had been updated automatically once. The current firmware version is 04.00.14.

Last edited:
congrats on the purchase. Knidly share the photos showing sd channel picture quality of your tatasky hd+ stb.

congrats, plz tell how is the black level and screen uniformity.. especially when lights are off

Black is deep more of dark gray if you compare it when the TV is switched off, but it did not bother me, I am very happy with the TV.

I have read tons of reviews about picture bleed, non uniformity and cloudiness.. but trust me I did not notice any visible bleed or cloudiness.. in fact to my layman eyes the reproduction is quite uniform..

The other issue for me apart form the low audio output is that the set suffers from motion blur and judder (only at times) during fast motion.

When I went out to purchase-I looked at Sony, Samsung, Panny Plasma-all other things were more or less equal for me except for the 3D technology..
No doubt the LG's passive technology is far superior and quite economical.

The bottom line is I am quite happy and satisfied with my decision to go with the LG LM6700

Last edited:
Can you share SD 2D , HD 2D , SD 3D , HD 3D pics..
Also at what price you got it and from where ??

2D picture below.. will take some 3D pictures and see how it comes out and post ..
I brought it from Amit Enterprises, Sarojini Nagar, paid-85.5K.

congrats on the purchase. Knidly share the photos showing sd channel picture quality of your tatasky hd+ stb.

All picture taken is absolute Darkness using Note with no flash:

Stand-by mode
up1y.jpg

2D (Tatasky HD+ STB)
Pillar Box
sdpb.jpg

2D-Stretched
sd1fa.jpg

sd4e.jpg

sd2sh.jpg

sd3v.jpg

Comparison SD vs HD
sd5y.jpg

up3xj.jpg

HD

up3xj.jpg

up2bm.jpg

up4z.jpg

Last edited:
CONS:
Low audio output
Excellent wi-fi connectivity
SD picture quality is unbearable more so after watching the HD channels..
At times the software is slow to response
No on/off button on magic motion remote leading to battery drainage even if not used and also causes unintended pointing of remote towards the TV to do unintended things..

How come "Excellent wi-fi connectivity" falls under "CONS"?

@dinesha, the first pic (stand by with Lg logo) shows plenty of light bleed. But must see this in person to judge. Difficult to test this in brightly lit showrooms.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

DId you try watching 3D content ? How would you rate the response time of the item?

As mentioned previously one of the main clincher for the TV for me was the passive 3D technology.. I have tried both the SD and HD 3D content through USB and the demo content from the LG's 3D world and i have quite impressed with the out come.

@dinesha, the first pic (stand by with Lg logo) shows plenty of light bleed. But must see this in person to judge. Difficult to test this in brightly lit showrooms.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Well the pic apparently shows as if there is quite a bit of bleeding and cloudiness... but that may be because of reflection & focus issues added by some clumsy and haphazard picture taken by me using my galaxy note..

I have checked again but not noticed anything..I have taken some fresh pictures but it does not do any justice to the actual picture..

20120823232915.jpg

20120823232849.jpg

You will not notice much issues due to screen size. I had a 55" of same model. If you see blur and judder at 42" then imagine what would it be like on 55".

What made you select LG instead of the superb Sony HX850 at similar price? I understand if it was 3D, but at 42" you'll be soon tired of it.

Congrats and enjoy the 3D.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Kix and some other plasma owners plz post some pics of your tv with full black,
Check my ST50 thread. I posted a pic where there is no light bleed. I will post more pics. But as far as I know, there is no light bleeding in plasma. But in absolute black mode, TV will show very minute even light, i.e., panel won't be like when switched off. This is not light bleeding but an indication that plasma is charged.

Did you disable automatic motion control (or whatever it is called now) on your set? I had the same problem with an older LG set. Disabled that setting and never faced blur or judder ever again...

Did you disable automatic motion control (or whatever it is called now) on your set? I had the same problem with an older LG set. Disabled that setting and never faced blur or judder ever again...

I don't this option is available in LM6700... atleast I could not find it.

hii...just got 55LM6700 updated to latest version (04.00.28)..can anybody send me the video settings..i'm using airtel HD...will post screen shots soon :)...after doing some research..found some solutions to reducing motion blur..
1)change input (HDMI to PC)..it will reduce lag.. and select led local dimming low..
2)in trumotion select judder level 3..
anyway overall good tv..better color reproduction than my old samsung UA46"6600..love passive glassses its better for movies..hate shutter glasses

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back