LG Monitor TV

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy Benq E2200HD Monitor. This supports FULLHD and comes with a street spice of 12K+.

BenQ India - Computing

Further this has HDMI input. I can connect this monitor to Pioneer 610 through HDMI and see movies without black bars. Would like to know your suggestion on this.

Also when a DVD is in 16:9 and 1080P format i can watch the movie in this monitor without black bars.

What if the dvd movies that are not in 16:9, can i upscale it to 1080P and watch it on the screen. Will i still see black bars?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy Benq E2200HD Monitor. This supports FULLHD and comes with a street spice of 12K+.

BenQ India - Computing

Further this has HDMI input. I can connect this monitor to Pioneer 610 through HDMI and see movies without black bars. Would like to know your suggestion on this.

Also when a DVD is in 16:9 and 1080P format i can watch the movie in this monitor without black bars.

What if the dvd movies that are not in 16:9, can i upscale it to 1080P and watch it on the screen. Will i still see black bars?

Thanks,
Prakash.

well yes u can connect it to ur pioneer dv610,u will not notice the black bars if the dvd is is 16:9 format,but u will notice the black bars slightly if the format is 1.85:1 and a lot more if the dvd format is 2.35:1.

in the 21.5 inch 16:9 monitor if u play a 1.85:1 dvd u will get black bars aproximately about quarter of a inch on top and bottom of ur monitor and about 1.3inch each on top and bottom when u play a dvd of 2.35:1.

Hi Friends,

I am in two minds if i should go for AKAI-LCT32LW7 or Benq FULLHD monitor.

Absence of tv tuner is not a problem for me as i intend to use this only to watch movies from dvd player.

The main requirement is to avoid black bars occupying the screen space.

My query is if i would be able to watch movies in full screen without black bars in AKAI TV when i play movies in 610 player.
AKAI LCT-32LW7 Television, Akai Television LCT-32LW7 Model's Specifications , Features , Price and Photos-WhereInCity.com

If i give 720P/i or 1080P/i or 480P/i to AKAI TV will i get black bars?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Prakash.

P.S: Would be great if you can point to some link where i can also read and understand about screen resolutions and black bars.

Hi Friends,

I am in two minds if i should go for AKAI-LCT32LW7 or Benq FULLHD monitor.

Absence of tv tuner is not a problem for me as i intend to use this only to watch movies from dvd player.

The main requirement is to avoid black bars occupying the screen space.

My query is if i would be able to watch movies in full screen without black bars in AKAI TV when i play movies in 610 player.
AKAI LCT-32LW7 Television, Akai Television LCT-32LW7 Model's Specifications , Features , Price and Photos-WhereInCity.com

If i give 720P/i or 1080P/i or 480P/i to AKAI TV will i get black bars?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Prakash.

P.S: Would be great if you can point to some link where i can also read and understand about screen resolutions and black bars.

depending on the dvd format u will get black bars.

Thanks adder.

Can you tell me what resolution has to be kept fin dvd player or the various dvd sources(you explained 3 formats earlier) to make the black bars go away.

Also kindly let me know if picture is FULLHD 22inch will be between than nonHD 32 inch?

Regards,
Prakash.

Thanks adder.

Can you tell me what resolution has to be kept fin dvd player or the various dvd sources(you explained 3 formats earlier) to make the black bars go away.

Also kindly let me know if picture is FULLHD 22inch will be between than nonHD 32 inch?

Regards,
Prakash.

well the things is no matter what resolution u keep u are still going to get the black bars depending on the format and the way it was taken,in order for the black bars to go away u will need the new philips 21:9 tvs which costs quite a lot,but then some types of pictures formats will look bad on it like 4:3.there are settings to make the black bars go away but u will loose some picture,which i dont think u want.

well about the picture in 22inch monitor well first of all ,the benq monitor has a TN panel,which has a very high contrast shift and color shift,so even if u are slightly of axis the color and contrast will change.
well about the akai i havent seen them but they use a second or even a third tier lcds or in others lcds rejected by big first tier comanies like sony,samsung,panasonic,philips,lg etc.now these companies reject them because it didn't meet their criteria.
ofcourse compared to 22inch monitor u are gettin an extra 10inches,which is a lot,so if u plan on using just for SD and generaly for video get a lcd tv hopely from a better brand.but if u primarly use it for a computer text,surfing etc get a lcd monitor.

Hi Adder,

I would like to know how to avoid black bars in 32 inch tv 1366*768 resolution or how much inch black bars will occupy the screen at the worst case when inputting various resolutions. I will use my dvd player 610 that can upscale to 1080P.

Would be great if you can answer me this. I also posted this in the thread.

Thanks,
Prakash.

well in a 32inch tv when u play a 2.23:1 video u will loose close to 2inches each on top and bottom.

Last edited:
Hi,

I purchased BenQ E2200HD monitor and conected to Pioneer DV610 using HDMI. The upscaled picture in 1080P was excellent while watching movie.

But I am facing issues when i connect to my laptop. I connect it using D-SUB cable. When i set the resolution to 1920*1080 the desktop doesn't fit in the screen. start menu and My computer are not visible. I need to
move the mouse over that area to bring that area within the screen.
I have ATI Mobility X1450 card.

The best fit i can get is 1440*900 pixels.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Back