LG Oled Extended Warranty- Is it worth it?

I have to say, I'm quite relieved with the absence of burn in post 5500+ hours of usage on my LG G1 Evo panel.

I had terrific anxiety during the first few months, especially since i was primarily using it as a PC screen and i was certain that the static elements would leave a mark by now.

Forget statistical, I'm telling you from real experience that it is worth going for extended warranty if it's not at a substantial cost, lest your TV conks off beyond the coverage.

I have had to throw away a TV recently since it conked off beyond warranty and repairs weren't worth the outlay considering the price of a new TV.
Someone mentioned a home insurance cover in place of warranty. It covers many gadgets apart from the TV. Can we weigh on the pros and cons of that idea pls? Anyone with prior claim experience on TV going kaput using home insurance claim pls shed some light.

Someone mentioned a home insurance cover in place of warranty. It covers many gadgets apart from the TV. Can we weigh on the pros and cons of that idea pls? Anyone with prior claim experience on TV going kaput using home insurance claim pls shed some light.
They'll try and apply depreciation on original invoice value depending on the age. Nevertheless, claims are usually honoured from my limited experience. If they refuse to honour it, you can approach the district forum. It's a straightforward and inexpensive process and I've seen much success through that route when some insurance fellows have tried and acted smart. Usually results in out of court settlement once the cases are instituted.

Thanks all for the reply. I spoke to LG dealer regarding depreciated TV value considered by LG in 4th and 5th year, and was told 35% and 20% respectively of the original invoice value. Thus, if Tv panel fails in 5th year LG would cover only 20% of the invoice plus warranty price(20k). He did say though that anything except physical damage is covered, but I doubt LG would cover burn in issues in the written warranty agreement.

Since already covered by LG warranty for 3 years, I have decided not to take for another 2 years(Fingers Crossed!). Hard to convince myself spending 20k now and if anything happens in 5th year, then go through the complicated process to claim just 20% of the value. Any thoughts?
So if panel goes dead is the replacement free or they will reduce only the warranty price and 20% of invoice value?

I will never purchase an LG OLED tv again. Panel replaced by LG as courtesy for burn-in, but the replacement panel is not covered for burn-in. Despite all reasonable precautions - reduced screen brightness, regular use of pixel shift and pixel refresher utilities, burn-in recurred.
Note that many channels post a stationary banner or logo on the screen, and therefore burn-in is a matter of time, and inevitable if you watch much cable news.

I will never purchase an LG OLED tv again. Panel replaced by LG as courtesy for burn-in, but the replacement panel is not covered for burn-in. Despite all reasonable precautions - reduced screen brightness, regular use of pixel shift and pixel refresher utilities, burn-in recurred.
Note that many channels post a stationary banner or logo on the screen, and therefore burn-in is a matter of time, and inevitable if you watch much cable news.

Which model is it?

Whoa. That's scary. Sympathies from a fellow user.

How many hours did you clock in on both the first and second screen before burn in artefacts started appearing?

Note that many channels post a stationary banner or logo on the screen, and therefore burn-in is a matter of time, and inevitable if you watch much cable Which model..
Sad which model

Absolutely right decision. Extended warranties in my opinion are a waste of money. In the initial days of product introductions one can go for it as the replacement or repair costs are high but over time they do get competitive. With 10 or 11generations of oleds i am pretty sure that you will nit need one.
I got 65 inch C2 and got 3 years warranty. Please suggest should I buy 2 year extended?

Well I for one am not sure. I think 3 yrs warranty ought to be enough and you should not plonk down the money upfront for another two years unless the same is quite cheap. OLEDs are now quite evolved and the percentage of them failing is still quite low as long you take proper care. Well there have been a few reports in our forums regarding the failures but I still think that the newer models are more matured. But do decide according to your needs. :)

I think nowadays life of TV has become unpredictable.

Our 29 inch Sony TV lasted for approx 20 years. I did get it serviced from Sony a few times. in the last few years it was always the local technician as Sony has stopped supporting the Model.

My next tv 65VT30 Plasma started experiencing problems just after completing 5 years. TV had warranty for 3 years. For next 2 years i was lucky.

I bought LG 65 C9 with 3 years warranty in 2019. Did not opt for extended warranty. TV is working absolutely fine (Clocked 8000 + hours so far, lockdown binges). Now almost a year out of warranty. Hope this one lasts for 5 years and I wont fret as I have derived my value out of this set.

My new Tv is LG 83 C2 and i have bought 2 year extended warranty for the very reason that spares are not gonna be available for this one in the local market. I will be completely dependent on LG for servicing any issue arising as the TV is made in Indonesia. Hence wanted some peace of mind for next 5 years. Yes it cost me significantly but guess we dont have a choice.

My new Tv is LG 83 C2 and i have bought 2 year extended warranty for the very reason that spares are not gonna be available for this one in the local market. I will be completely dependent on LG for servicing any issue arising as the TV is made in Indonesia. Hence wanted some peace of mind for next 5 years. Yes it cost me significantly but guess we dont have a choice.
Well Congratulations in order for the purchase, however would like to know what is the percentage of the purchase price is the pricing for the extended warranty for 2 years. Well regarding spares it all depends on what goes wrong and how many they have sold and what they hold in stock otherwise they also would need to import the same.

Well Congratulations in order for the purchase, however would like to know what is the percentage of the purchase price is the pricing for the extended warranty for 2 years. Well regarding spares it all depends on what goes wrong and how many they have sold and what they hold in stock otherwise they also would need to import the same.
The extended warranty for 2 years is approx 20% of the TV Cost.

I would highly recommend to buy the extended warranty while it is available. LG is doing trail and error on my OLED now.
It is better to avoid this nightmare experience.

you can read my experience on this thread.

I want to make it clear. LG REGULAR as well as EXTENDED WARRANTY. Both DO NOT COVER BURN-IN.

I think Croma Extended Warranty does. I recommend asking and confirming that before purchasing. I had this conversation long time ago so don't remember it clearly. But I think they do.

The forum is full of conflicting information. The LG warranty does NOT cover burn in so it is not worth it to me. I only found this out after buying the insurance after being misguided by members on this forum & sales associates of LG.
That is why I bought Samsung 8k QLED

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back