LG PQ70 HD 1080p Plasma TV

Hi multifaced,

Can you clarify me if this pq70 is full hd(1080p) or not? the post by madhu says it is .

Thanks,
ash

It is not full HD.

Here are the full specs:

LG-50PQ70
This Plasma 50 inch TV has 2 speakers (output of 200 watts) with SRS TruSurround XT for virtual surround and Dolby Digital decoder. It has 100 programs or channels with features like channel skip, child lock, channel scan and sort along with auto off, auto sound leveler, OSD and 1 tuner PIP facility. This TV has high dynamic contrast ratio of 2000000:1 with image resolution of 1365 x 768 pixels along with wide screen aspect ratio of 16:9. It has 2 component inputs, PC input and 3 HDMI Inputs (ver 1.3). Along with above connections it has USB 2.0 port supporting USB devices and memory cards. It also has built-in Bluetooth connectivity which lets you listen TV with wireless headset, or enjoy viewing mobile phone photos and MP3 songs on TV. This TV has viewing angle of 178 degrees.

LG-42PQ70
This Plasma 42 inch TV has 2 speakers (output of 200 watts) with SRS TruSurround XT for virtual surround and Dolby Digital decoder. It has 100 programs or channels with features like channel skip, child lock, channel scan and sort along with auto off, auto sound leveler, OSD and 1 tuner PIP facility. This TV has high dynamic contrast ratio of 2000000:1 with image resolution (XGA) of 1024 x 768 pixels along with wide screen aspect ratio of 16:9. It has 2 component inputs, PC input and 3 HDMI Inputs (ver 1.3). Along with above connections it has USB 2.0 port supporting USB devices and memory cards. It also has built-in Bluetooth connectivity which lets you listen TV with wireless headset, or enjoy viewing mobile phone photos and MP3 songs on TV. This TV has viewing angle of 178 degrees.

Mods, please edit the title of this thread as it is misleading.

2 queries here

1. Dolby Digital decoder - If a TV claims to have this, does this mean that it has a 5.1 speaker output connectivity? We can plug in our DVDs to this and expect the TV to decode the Dolby audio signals and give a proper 5.1 output (maybe on external speakers) or does it only simulate the surround sound 'experience'?

2. Resolution of 1024 x 768 - How can a 16:9 TV have this resolution. The ratios do not match. Can someone please explain this?

Hi multifaced,

Can you clarify me if this pq70 is full hd(1080p) or not? the post by madhu says it is .

Thanks,
ash

Ashwin59, initially i also had this doubt (mislead by the thread title). :) as explained by WHATSINANAME, it has 1024 x 768 pixels . but it does not create any PQ problem, if you have good distance say 7-8 feet. i think pv8 and pv80 are having the same resolution

2. Resolution of 1024 x 768 - How can a 16:9 TV have this resolution. The ratios do not match. Can someone please explain this?
The pixels in this plasma are not squares. They are rectangular and hence eventhough the pixel resolution is 4:3 the screen dimensions have a ratio of 16:9.

Can you please tell me where in bangalore you got this model?

Hi smnrock,
I bought it from the LG Shoppe near BDA Complex, Indiranagar.
If you are coming from Old Madras Road, take a right at the BDA Complex junction, and then the first left. You'll find the LG Shoppe on your right, further down.
Cheers!

Where can I demo this LG PQ70 in Chennai ? Tried out Croma and Reliance Digital on Mount Road, but could not get a proper demo.

Can anyone tell me what is the current price of PQ70?

Is it possible to attach a laptop through bluetooth to the TV and stream movies to it and watch them on TV?

Can anyone tell me what is the current price of PQ70?

Is it possible to attach a laptop through bluetooth to the TV and stream movies to it and watch them on TV?

Hi uppalpankaj, if check Bluetooth bandwidth 2.0+ EDR(Enhanced Data Rate) is maximum 3.0 Mbits/sec or something which will be worse than streaming videos online.

And then if your TV Supports DLNA over bluetooth which i am not aware (Humble apology: but don't think any TV vendor supports that yet)

I have been using Wireless G standard to connect PS3 to my laptop to stream audio/videos.

Audio is flawless over Wireless G(Theoretically 54Mbps, 18 times more than max bluetooth speed), but video is still choppy. And That too, my PS3 has DLNA support for Computer or Any Electronic Interfacing.

IMO its quite impossible to stream video over Bluetooth.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back