LG Scarlet Problems

texlaser

Hi all, this is my first post to your forum, after many hours of searching for an answer I found this forum and am hoping you can give me some insight as to what may be going on with my LG Scarlet 120 42 TV.

Ive had this unit for about 15 months; about 2 months ago I noticed that when I turned the unit off, sometimes it would turn on with no picture, just sound. So I would have to turn it off and on again repeatedly to get the picture to show. Then it began coming on occasionally with a green/ black screen, and now the picture has, looks like interference lines running horizontally across the screen. At first it was just a few lines, after it warmed up for a little while they would go away, now it is much more. They seem to appear more when the picture has full color, ex, not so noticeable when the picture is dark or white. So my question would be, is it time to scrap the unit? A repair man (on the phone) told me it was probably the main unit (whatever that means) and would probably cost around 400-600 to repair. If that were the case I would probably put that money into a new unit.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on here and I am looking forward to being a part of your community.

Why not ask LG to come down and inspect the unit, if you find the repairs within budget go for the same, otherwise go for the next best option.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back