LG SM 8100 Nanocell

You will get replacement at max from flipkart that too they will come and check for your concerns. But if no technical damage then you are out of luck. You can still try with LG support that TV has bleeding, but my friend you have to prove them hard.

I chased them 2 months & proved them wrong. There mumbai service expert visited my place and confirmed the excessive bleeding issue at bottom left of the screen.

Also you have to try with tv picture settings, as i checked & changed default preset settings from youtube videos. I am happy with current settings for tata sky hd box. For netflix, prime apps i normally use HDR option, its been good 7 months.

Can you please specify which YouTube video changes the default settings?,thanks
I'll be happy if I can reduce colour,contrast and brightness totally in all the settings.Curiously in amazon prime videos the pq is ok but with the sunhd box it's horrible but the same sunhd box gave a painting like pq in my earlier intex 4k tv.A point here is in my earlier intex tv one can not note the difference when changing between vijay hd and vijay sd channel.Here it's the opposite,the non hd channels have poor upscaling.
I have dropped the idea of asking for a replacement.
The next task is to change the default settings
Lg let me down big time for not even considering other brands but at hind sight their 4k tv costing 20 thousand rupees less should have a natural pq

If Amazon prime videos do not have a hyper bright,coloured pq and have natural looking videos why does the video out of the set top box is bad,certainly the same box gave an excellent video quality in my earlier tv.
HDMI port bad??,will changing the connection to a different hdmi port help,I'll try.

If Amazon prime videos do not have a hyper bright,coloured pq and have natural looking videos why does the video out of the set top box is bad,certainly the same box gave an excellent video quality in my earlier tv.
HDMI port bad??,will changing the connection to a different hdmi port help,I'll try.
DTH Upscaling on 4k TV’s is really bad. Even in the high end LCD’s tvs. I’ve checked all current Sony TV’s including the x9500g. All were bad. The upscaling on Sony OLED’s was better though.

The Full HD TV’s before there were 4k and OLED’s were really something else.

But before this my earlier tv was also a 4ktv,intex tv(tcl).Upscaling was brilliant.Like I've said when switching between the same channel in the hd and sd rows,the difference can not be found.All sd news channels also had good upscaling.It depends on the professor I think.

On a positive note,thank God,there is a manual calibration of colour,contrast,tint etc available,an elaborate one but how much ever you bring down everything below 50 still the pq is not natural and I believe it's the nanocell technology that beefs up everything.Even if I was an lg fan I should have bought the regular 4k tv which costs 20k rs less.There is no calibration for the sound,no equalizer,just a treble or boost on option and the sound sounds like that from a radio.

But before this my earlier tv was also a 4ktv,intex tv(tcl).Upscaling was brilliant.Like I've said when switching between the same channel in the hd and sd rows,the difference can not be found.All sd news channels also had good upscaling.It depends on the professor I think.

On a positive note,thank God,there is a manual calibration of colour,contrast,tint etc available,an elaborate one but how much ever you bring down everything below 50 still the pq is not natural and I believe it's the nanocell technology that beefs up everything.Even if I was an lg fan I should have bought the regular 4k tv which costs 20k rs less.There is no calibration for the sound,no equalizer,just a treble or boost on option and the sound sounds like that from a radio.

Yeah the processor comes to play then. Was the TCL a top end model? And is your LG a mid range variant?

Generally I have seen this for LG and Sony, possibly applicable for QLED manufacturers as well. Since their top ends are not LCD's, for LCD's they have focused more on cutting costs rather than making them better products.

Can you please specify which YouTube video changes the default settings?,thanks
I'll be happy if I can reduce colour,contrast and brightness totally in all the settings.Curiously in amazon prime videos the pq is ok but with the sunhd box it's horrible but the same sunhd box gave a painting like pq in my earlier intex 4k tv.A point here is in my earlier intex tv one can not note the difference when changing between vijay hd and vijay sd channel.Here it's the opposite,the non hd channels have poor upscaling.
I have dropped the idea of asking for a replacement.
The next task is to change the default settings
Lg let me down big time for not even considering other brands but at hind sight their 4k tv costing 20 thousand rupees less should have a natural pq

There are couple of videos, just search lg nanocell picture calibration. For HD tv box Tatasky seems to have better HD pq. Such tv purchase has to be done at local or offline stores. Online prices for brand appliances are always high.

Yes,I did enquire the price of this tv at a store,darling electronics.They qouted 5k rs more than fk
I played with the calibaration for over an hour,now the pq seems to be ok.
I bought lg for their proven longevity..one rear projection samsung tv did not last for 3 years and another crtv samsung did not last for 2 years.
One mistake I should not have done is that I should not have sold the previous 55 4k intex tv for 3.5k rs,should have attempted a repair as suggested by the service centre.

Yes,my rebranded TCL was a top end model.I was so much happy with it,was a kind of abuse..switching on and off 15 times a day,running 8 hours a day.Even 3 years back it had Dolby atmos which my new lg tv lacks.This lg is the basic variant among nanocell tvs

Yes,my rebranded TCL was a top end model.I was so much happy with it,was a kind of abuse..switching on and off 15 times a day,running 8 hours a day.Even 3 years back it had Dolby atmos which my new lg tv lacks.This lg is the basic variant among nanocell tvs

That's unfortunately the case now. TV's are marketed and sold on their 4k capabilities when most of them are used for SD and FHD content in reality.

I had the Sony HX750 from 2012, which was near top end then. It really had good picture quality. Got a X7500F in 2019 thinking it would be of the same quality. It was no where close. Matte screen, only greys instead of blacks, clunky android and yes very poor upscaling. It felt like TV tech had gone backward. I sold it eventually.

Manufacturers have now realised features sell more than PQ. Android TV, 4k content is more marketable now than accurate colours and fluid motion, which they have now marketed as only being possible on OLED's.

At times, I feel, LG completely deemphasised its LED line in favour of the OLED. Let's see how this plays out for them.

After 3 long months with my lg nanocell tv sm8100 55 inches,after a lot of calibrations,Iam begining to like this tv very much.
Initially the punchy colours,extra brightness that came out of the box was an eye sore but after a bit of caliberation the pq is indeed beautiful so much so that after an ownership of a nano cell tv I doubt if one would like a non nano cell 4k tv.Certainly an alternative to qled tv.
I've attached a couple of pictures below.

Attachments

• 20201126_205908_HDR_(1).jpg
    20201126_205908_HDR_(1).jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201126_205857_HDR_(1)_(1).jpg
    20201126_205857_HDR_(1)_(1).jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 18
A couple more pictures from my lg nanocell tv
To me a better alternative to the cheap chinese qled tvs from tcl and one plus from around the same price range.
Iam loving this tv.

Attachments

• 20201129_222308_HDR_(1).jpg
    20201129_222308_HDR_(1).jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201129_222511_HDR_(1)_(1)_(1).jpg
    20201129_222511_HDR_(1)_(1)_(1).jpg
    732 KB · Views: 16
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back