Lg tv Warranty and amc policies

sachin.shiva

Hi, I have purchased lg led tv some 3.5 years back, which is not having plastics at border, glass border. I have taken amc for 3 years. Now they are telling spare can't be provided and I have to go for alternative model. If you go for higher model u have to shell out moeny or if you go for lower model still u have to pay extra and all this things because company says model is old can't give spares. So what's the use of amc, Indian laws and warranty. Most of Time latest tvs are showing sign of defects after 2 years of usage and u will forced for up gradation. This Is the truth in tvs in India. Only Government can do something about it. Please comment [emoji29]

Well if they say there is no spares, nothing much you can do about it.
Agree with your agony, but that seems to be case with all manufacturers.

Generally they mention in small prints about the equivalent prevailing model clause in warranty conditions. So that they can play safe.

You should get an equivalent TV free of cost, approach consumer forum as Government and courts won't come to your home to provide services, if you don't care for your rights then nobody else will.

Etios consumer Forum and courts costs bomb and case goes on. Even those who have won verdict aren't paid and case goes to next court

Etios consumer Forum and courts costs bomb and case goes on. Even those who have won verdict aren't paid and case goes to next court

who told you? It costs just Rs.100 for 1 Lakh worth product, many have got compensation from consumer forum, if you are not ready to file a complaint then its ok but don't tell its costly etc.

I have purchased LG 42" 6690 3d (18/08/2012) FOR RS 85668 + two years & one year amc for rs 17499
total RS 103167.Now panel is not working, I am under AMC .As usual they told No spares ,I have to go for alternate model & price will be informed accordingly.
I have asked for 49uf850t 4k 3d for they said 74885 ,then seventy thousand .
then i have asked for 42lf6500 3d which is at 61000 .
then they said I have to go for 12000 extra .After lot of firing ,twitter and facebook by creating awareness they have waived off extra 12k and agreed extended warranty at no extra cost .
now still i have lost money and quality as lm 42 " 6690 3d is edge to edge glass where as 42lf 6500 is having plastic border . and because lg could't arrange spares I have to settle at lower model lf 6500 and total damage of around rs 40000.
They have depreciated my old tv to 55%
see one more link of similar story
LG Not Honoring AMC, Leading To Huge Monetory Loss

my tweet
Shivlingayya ?@techgig2 Mar 1 Bengaluru South, India
wake up LG INDIA SIMILAR story as me
LG Not Honoring AMC, Leading To Huge Monetory Loss
more to show, India is rising with make in india
where lg is taking amc
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet

please comment & create awareness.

Last edited:
Consumer forum asks LG to pay customer Rs 3.7L or replace TV set

You are here: Home City Consumer forum asks LG to pay customer Rs 3.7L or replace TV set
Consumer forum asks LG to pay customer Rs 3.7L or replace TV set
Bengaluru: September 2, 2015, DHNS
The District Consumer Redressal Forum has passed an order directing the manager of LG Electronics Pvt Ltd and the manager of RPL Digital, Whitefield, Bengaluru, to refund a sum of Rs 3.70 lakh to a consumer, who had filed a complaint that a damaged LED television set was delivered to him.

The complainant PN Narasimhamurthy visited Mantri Mall in Malleswaram in April 2014 to buy a television set. As the television set was good and my children forced me to buy it, I agreed. The salesperson induced me to buy with good offers and offered to gift an oven along with the television set. The television was delivered in the night and next morning when we tried to switch on the set, it did not work, he added.

Narasimhamurthy said that after repeated complaints, a technician visited our home to instal the set, but neither the picture nor the sound in the set was working, the screen remained blank. When the same was informed, the salesperson assured him that he would make arrangements to replace the set.

When the LG manager failed to replace the television set or refund the amount, complainant sent a legal notice which was not responded to. Later, the complainant approached the consumer forum seeking a refund of Rs 3.70 lakh with interest of 18 per cent per annum or to replace the television set.

LG Electronics, in its defence, stated that the staff during his visit to the complainants house found that the television set was physically damaged. LG contended that as per the warranty terms, the manufacturer shall not be responsible for the damage caused to the product physically.

No material on record

The consumer forum, in the order, has stated there is no material on record to show that subsequent to the delivery of the television set, it was not properly installed by the LG staff and that the said set was functioning fine even for a minute subsequent to its delivery.

The forum also directed the complainant to pay an interest amount of 18 per cent from the date of purchase till realisation or to replace the complainant with a defect free television set. The Forum has ordered the company to pay Rs 5,000, towards the cost of proceedings, to the complainant and to comply with the order within a month.

The order was passed on July 29, 2015 and the LG has not complied with the court orders till date, the complainant is now planning to file an execution petition

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back