Lg uh49770t 4k led

Rajesh Karia

So after a lot of research & deliberations, i finally purchased the LG UH49770T. As the model suggests, it's a 4K Super UHD LED with HDR10 & Dolby Vision. I have been using it for 3 days now & completely happy with the performance and the PQ. I already have a 3 year old FHD 47 inch LG smart TV in my living room & this one stays in my bedroom for my personal media consumption. Its purely personal & subjective, but i have always loved the true colors rendered by LG, the contrast ratios in this model is right up there with the big boys namely Sammy & Sony.

LG web OS 3 is really great, it has all the essential apps built in like Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, Google Play Movies, YouTube etc. I have streamed videos from all these apps & it works flawlessly. I watched a few episodes of Santa Clarita Diet in 4k Dolby Vison from Netflix & boy......the experience was just brilliant..!!! Youtube 4k videos are such a treat to watch & it has much better streaming servers imo. The Magic Remote adds so much value to the smart features, a must have for any smart TV.

I also watched the latest episode of Homeland on Hotstar via the 1st generation Google Chromecast, since Hotstar maxes out at 720p resolution only, but the TV up-scaled it brilliantly, felt like a true bluray copy.

Playing videos via USB is also effortless, so far it has played back all codecs that i have thrown at it, mkv, 264, 265 etc, here also the up-scaling works with great effect.

The speakers in this model are powered by Harman Kardon & the sound output is loud & crystal clear, no need for any soundbar for sure. Great work here from LG by integrating the Harman Kardon brand with the lovely speakers.

I am still contemplating buying a dedicated media device to stream & playback USB videos, really confused if it will do a better job of rendering videos than the native built-in up-scaler that this TV has.

Lastly, i was also thinking of buying the fancy LeEco 50 inch 4Xpro from Amazon, but after much deliberations & advice from forum members dropped the idea & bought LG, a trusted brand with great service network.

Got it at a sweet deal of 83.5K from a local dealer with 2 years warranty & free wall mounting.

Many congratulations on your wonderful purchase, Rajesh :)

Please do share the followings if you get a chance:
- What are the optimized picture settings you're using?

I have a different TV (Sony X93D 55"), But I wanna learn ...how different TV companies are optimizing the saturation among 'Contrast', 'Black Level', 'Brightness' and 'Gamma' levels in their TVs! Not sure how LG does it... So it would be great to know.

- Would be great to hear your experience on HDR10 and DolbyVision difference...
Reading a lot this is another Bluray vs HDDVD kinda format war going on....
What do you find better in quality for the same content such as on Netflix HDR or DolbyVision shows?

Many congratulations on your wonderful purchase, Rajesh :)

Please do share the followings if you get a chance:
- What are the optimized picture settings you're using?

I have a different TV (Sony X93D 55"), But I wanna learn ...how different TV companies are optimizing the saturation among 'Contrast', 'Black Level', 'Brightness' and 'Gamma' levels in their TVs! Not sure how LG does it... So it would be great to know.

- Would be great to hear your experience on HDR10 and DolbyVision difference...
Reading a lot this is another Bluray vs HDDVD kinda format war going on....
What do you find better in quality for the same content such as on Netflix HDR or DolbyVision shows?

Thanks technobhatt :)

It has been just 3 days, so haven't played much with the settings, but it has different picture modes like vibrant, cinema, sports, dark room etc. It also has the HDR mode which is a perfect sweet spot for me as of now, the images pop out beautifully with great details, i have just increased the sharpness level a bit as per my taste.

I also noticed that while playing santa clarita diet on Netflix, the content recognizes that its a 4k TV & Tv in turn limits the picture mode option to HDR & one other option(don't remember), not all 6 options available while playing a true 4k content.

While my researching for a 4K TV, HDR 10 & Dolby vision names kept popping, it was great to know that the Lg uh49770t 4k led supports both & is future proof. I will update this thread after having seen enough content.

here's a reddit link to give you a heads up on HDR10 vs Dolby Vision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/522fkz/hdr_10_and_dolby_vision_thoughts/

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back