Lg v40 - a surprising gem

So I also bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a LG V40 phone.

and it is indeed an audio enthusist's phone. The bundled headphones are also awesome in sound and build quality.

The quad DAC is indeed excellent sounding and to top it the phone has great display and 5 cameras on the go.

The phone has so many audio tweaking option too.

The phone was LG's answer to Samsung Note 9. Although it's not up with Note 9 but the build quality and specs are top notch.

It was LG's flagship of 2018-19 and it's not much different from the model that replaces it.

Any LG V40 / V30+ users here using Tidal?

Can you confirm whether it is able to the completely decode MQA or whether it is able to do only the 1st unfold?

From what I am able to understand, playing MQA files involves 3 stages of 'unfolding'. The 1st unfold can be done by any device running the Tidal app. However, the 2nd and 3rd unfolds can only done by certain devices. Just want to confirm that LG V40 / V30+ can do all the 3 stages of unfolding.

Down load and install USB Audio Player Pro on your LG phone for improve sound quality. You will get access to Tidal and Qobuz, Tidal, Google Music with other many options to stream music. ( If you have subscription for streaming services). Sound quality is lot better than native app. I.e. Tidal. With LG v30/40 you can unfold MQA file to top most layer for stunning resolution and refined sound. You can connect it through USB Port to out board dac to make LG as music source.

@rpmahale
I have LG V30+ and I have installed the USB audio player pro as well but I don't use them just because I don't know what to do with it. I have Spotify, amazon prime music, gaana and youtube music subscriptions. But how do I play songs from these using usb audio pro. It doesn't show Spotify , gaana etc. Please help how to use it

USB Audio player pro supports Tidal, Qobuz, Google music , music store on phone , network and different radio stations etc. I have recently installed it on recommendation of FM. Now I am using it to stream Tidal music. UAPP have in built MQA decoder which help to decode MQA files from Tidal. You need to have a Tidal music account to access Tidal music. You can register and subscribe Tidal Music ( Turkey) for as low as Rs.250/- per month . You may check Tidal treads for more information. Tidal is one of the best music streaming services provides great sound quality at par with CD or FLAC files. MQA version sounds still better in my opinion.

@rpmahale
I have LG V30+ and I have installed the USB audio player pro as well but I don't use them just because I don't know what to do with it. I have Spotify, amazon prime music, gaana and youtube music subscriptions. But how do I play songs from these using usb audio pro. It doesn't show Spotify , gaana etc. Please help how to use it
I do not think you need USB Audio player or any such app to utilize the Quad DAC with Spotify or Google music, I used all these app son my V30+ and did not need USB Audio player pro. Since then I have had the V40 and now the G8X, quad DAC is active on all music apps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back