LG World Record OLED TV to be released in February!

LGWRSherlock

Hi guys, great news from LG World Record. LG has started receving orders for the 55'' OLED TV in South Korea and will start shipping in early February. The TV is also expected to roll out globally in the first quarter of 2013, so much sooner than I thought! Here's the full article for your reading delight:

lg-55-inch-oled-tv_0120120102084751728.jpg

LG rolls out 55-inch OLED TV on home turf

South Korean home appliance giant LG Electronics Inc. said Wednesday it has started receiving orders for its 55-inch organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs in South Korea.

Consumers can apply for pre-orders of the 11 million won ($10,319) TV at 1,400 retail outlets across the country, with delivery set to start in early February, the company said in a press release.

LG plans to expand sales to major markets in Asia, Europe and the U.S. in the first quarter, an LG spokesman said, without further elaboration.

The move marks a belated breakthrough in the TV maker's plan to bolster its line-up. Global TV makers have been ramping up efforts to commercialize OLED TVs, which enable slimmer designs and more vivid images compared with liquid crystal displays that require a backlight.

Last year, Samsung Electronics Co. and LG Electronics competitively unveiled 55-inch OLED TVs with plans to roll out the product in the same year. Both companies, however, failed to mass produce the OLED TVs due to low production yields.

While mass production challenges and high retail prices remain hurdles for commercialization, OLED TV shipments are expected to reach 1.7 million units in 2014, according to research firm NPD DisplaySearch.

By 2016, the figure is forecast to hit 9 million units, claiming over 3 percent of the global TV market, according to the researcher. (Yonhap News)

Source: LG rolls out 55-inch OLED TV on home turf-The Korea Herald

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey Indian11, the OLED TV will be released in Korea first and then afterwards will start to roll out in Asia and other regions during the second and third quarter of 2013. Any updates on this will be posted here so check the topic often :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

OMG! The bezel looks so thin. And LG has already started taking pre-orders in Korea. Correct? Should not be much delay to introduce it in the rest of the world.

Yes, bagainitish, pre-order for the OLED TV has been been made available for our Korean market. Global release is expected to follow right after its official shipping in Korea so you won't have to wait long until you see the OLED TV in India in all its glory, my friend! I'll be sure to update anything that I can hear through the grapevine here.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

after watching this new lg oled tv tv i must say that oled tv pushes beyond LEDs capabilities, bringing more brilliant colors and deeper blacks, in addition to being more lightweight and thin which is good news for buyers.

Thanks for the good words, Krishna, I myself haven't had the chance to test out the OLED TV though, so I really do hope it will come soon to India so we can all experience the extraordinary picture quality that so many have talked and written about. Fingers crossed!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi amit.nagar, it's great to know that people are so excited about the LG World Record Curved OLED TV. I didn't realize that it would attract this much attention. The curved OLED TV will most likely not be released this year as this will be the year of the flat screen OLED TV. After CES 2013 and the great feedback from the crowd at the event, the curved OLED TV will get back to shop for more improvement and enhancement so that it can be better and greater for a near future release.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

For now 1080 pixel OLED tv sets is not exactly affordable but still i appreciate the great effort of lg to introduce this cutting-edge display.

This is a clear indication that oled tv is much more than just an incremental improvement to current television technology of this era.

Another great news guys. The LG OLED TV preorders for Korea has topped 100 units. More and more people are getting excited about this awesome TV and technology. You can read about it more here: LG has received 100 preorders for its OLED TV - Crave - TVs - CNET Asia

To admit.nagar, this year LG has already introduced the curved OLED TV so even if there is a 4K OLED in line, it would have to wait until next year. One big thing at a time, my friend :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Awesome news guys, LG is investing a huge amount of resources to expand the World Record OLED TV line for mass production by next year, meaning this awesome TV will be much more affordable than it currently is now. Many of you guys have been asking how it can be possible for a normal household to purchase such an expensive electronic product but now that possibility doesn't seem so far away anymore!

You can read about LG's great move to introduce the OLED TV to the mass market here: LG Display invests $655 million to expand OLED HDTV mass production next year

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Back