LG World Record TVs now officially have OnLive Cloud Game Streaming!

LGWRSherlock

Exciting news, everyone! OnLive Cloud Gaming is finally here in the LG World Record TVs! You can read the official press release below:

OnLive Builds Console-quality Gaming into LG Google TVs, No Console Required

onliveg2tvsets620pxhedimg.jpg

Palo Alto, Calif.- November 15, 2012 - OnLive, the leader of on-demand cloud gaming, announced that its OnLive Game Service has just been integrated into the LG Smart TV with Google TV (G2 Series), making console-quality games instantly playable as part of the TV experience. The OnLive app is the first commercial deployment of instant-response cloud gaming in a TV with no console necessary. OnLive offers something that consoles can't: the ability to continue playing your save games on the go, on nearly any PC or Mac, and many Android tablets.

The OnLive app was delivered over the air today to the LG G2 Series TVs that are already in homes and will be preinstalled on future LG Google TVs. With the OnLive Wireless Controller (available at onlive.com/controller), LG G2 TV owners in the United States can go to the Premium Apps menu on their TVs and play hundreds of video games on demand. The OnLive catalog includes games from more than 80 publishers, with everything from blockbuster new releases to classic franchises to family-friendly sports, racing and action-adventure games.

Uniquely, OnLive makes console-quality gaming truly portable and accessible across multiple platforms. With a single purchase, OnLive games can be played on any OnLive-compatible device-on PC, Mac, many Android tablets, TVs with the OnLive Game System, and now LG G2 TVs-anywhere there is broadband. Users can start a game on one device and continue playing on any other device, with full saved game data intact in the cloud, whenever and wherever they want. OnLive even enables cross-platform multiplayer gaming, so that an LG G2 TV owner will be able to play with (or against) friends on PCs, Macs and tablets.

Games can be demoed free and purchased or rented a la carte, or players can subscribe to the OnLive PlayPack for unlimited play of more than 200 games, with more titles added monthly. OnLive also offers free access to unique social features, such as game spectating in the OnLive Arena, recording ten-second Brag Clip videos of players' best gaming moments, and sharing videos and Achievements with friends on OnLive and Facebook.

"We are proud to be working with OnLive to deliver an incredible home entertainment experience with a full range of interactive viewing and gaming possibilities on LG G2 Series TVs,"" said Georg Rasinski, Director of Home Entertainment Brand Management, LG Electronics USA. ""OnLive's premium-quality gaming service offers customers a great opportunity to test the dual-core performance of our G2 Series TVs. We think customers will be very impressed."

"Our partnership with LG has enabled us to take an important step forward in making high-end gaming accessible to everyone, across a variety of consumer electronic devices,"" said Gary Lauder, OnLive Chairman. ""Gamers can now enjoy hundreds of amazing console-quality games with no new hardware necessary beyond an OnLive controller and LG's fast and intuitive Google TV."

Combining the power of the Google TV platform with the speed of LG's L9 dual-core chipset and a user-friendly interface, the G2 Series is LG's first TV to make OnLive cloud gaming an integral part of the consumer experience. To find out more about OnLive or to purchase a Universal OnLive Wireless Controller, visit Play on-demand video games over the internet - OnLive.com. or Play on-demand video games over the internet - OnLive.com..

Source: LG Google TVs now have integrated OnLive cloud game streaming

Last edited:
Yes, sadly it's only available on the LG G2 Series for the moment :( If there's any update on this for the LM-series, I'll be sure let you know :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Onlive first started talking up its lg partnership but i am sure that onlive is not going to stop pursuing partnerships with other Smart TV manufacturers as well

With this new technology i must say that gaming industry in smart tv sets seems to be taking the same direction as the music and movie industries.

Onlive first started talking up its lg partnership but i am sure that onlive is not going to stop pursuing partnerships with other Smart TV manufacturers as well

Yes das.anirban, that is expected of this gaming industry. But the fact remains that OnLive still made its first partnership with LG for its ranges of smart TVs so it must count for something :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Wow i didn't expect something like this to happen so soon in lg. I thought onlive technology is quite far but the question is will it actually work in smart tvs? I doubt onlive will be much of a success, but it does show where the technology is going to go.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back