[LG WR Discussion] Smart TV

Hey, LG WR Man Sherlock! How are you? You might have noticed that most of the Indian users are still discussing the merits of getting a full HD TV and a screen larger than 32 inches. Do you think LG Smart TV will appeal to enough Indian users - who are inveterate "value for money" hunters?

Dear LGWR
please tell me the technologies of LG's "LED" and "LED PLUS" ?

Presently I have 42LE5500, edge led with local dimming. I am 100% satisfied with this TV. This soon will become my secondary TV. I propose to buy a 47" LG as my primary TV.

Which 47" models have full back led with local dimming?
Which 47" models have edge led with local dimming?

Please reply at the earliest, I want to buy at Diwali offer.

Hey pragathe2, I just got back from my Diwali vacation. LED Plus technology on the LG World Record TV is basically the ability of a Full HD LED TV to perform local dimming. With this feature, the TV, particularly in the LM series, you can have greater control of the brightness of the screen to get some amazing clarity and color details. And it's also more energy efficient than the normal LED TV.

There are currently two LG models that have full array LED backlighting and local dimming: LW6500 and LW9800. And all the LM series TV are full HD LED. You can check out the LM models here: 3D TVs: Discover 3D Televisions | LG India

If you have any question about choosing the new TV for your home, fire away!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey, LG WR Man Sherlock! How are you? You might have noticed that most of the Indian users are still discussing the merits of getting a full HD TV and a screen larger than 32 inches. Do you think LG Smart TV will appeal to enough Indian users - who are inveterate "value for money" hunters?

Hey lakshit, yes I'm very aware of the issue of price when it comes to smart TV. I know because I myself am a customer, and I was actually wreaking my brain out thinking about whether or not I should buy a smart TV, whether it is a worthy purchase or a waste of some really good money. But then I realize that this is not simply a temporary gift for myself but a long-term investment for me and my future family. Smart TV is expected to become the norm for television in the coming years, and so by owning the TV now, I would not have to worry about it more in the future. Plus, the LG Smart TV is very solid and LG has good warranty and repair services so the TV, theoretically, will be there with me for a long time to come. So when you divide that initial cost of the TV over that long period of time that you use it (10 years, may I hope), then it becomes very minimal. And that cost is paid back in full, even more I believe, by the hours of entertainment and fun you will have with it.

This is why I decided to buy my own smart TV, and I suspect many also think the same way. Think of it as a big investment for your family in the future, and you'll see the cost doesn't seem to matter that much :) The decision to buy a smart TV or not is, of course, up to each individual. I'm just trying to offer one perspective of why someone would choose to buy it.

That's it. Have a superb day! :eek:hyeah:

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Well, I must admit that the user interface of LG Smart TV is the best among all leading brands - even though the apps are not all useful - you need careful hunting to find the few useful apps.

Hey naman, thank you for the constructive criticism. We are trying our best to improve our services and new apps are being developed everyday to enrich your experience with the TV. If there is any app that you want to see developed, you can propose your idea on this thread: http://www.hifivision.com/lg-world-record/31005-lg-world-record-tv-app-ideas.html I'll take note and inform our engineers and see what they can come up with.

Hope you're having fun with the TV! Have an awesome day!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I have checked out the apps available on LG Smart TV suite of LM series - but most are in the entertainment category. It could be useful if we have some productivity apps too - like the ones we find on Android smartphones.

Hey ojal.j, duly noted! I will definitely tell the LG tech squad to get on that asap! What kind of productivity apps do you have in mind at the moment? Sound your ideas and we'll try to fulfill it with style!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

1/ If both the hifi and the converter have the L/R option then it should be fine.

2/ In theory, 3D sound and effect such as 3D Sound Zooming capability should work fine with the home theater system. It works perfectly well with my setup though I use a different sound system, not the Sony hifi.

Update me if it works ok!

LG WRman Sherlock out

Hi Mr LG WRman Sherlock!

How r u?
Need help in zeroing in on a suitable converter. There r sooooooo many on amazon and with such conflicting customer feedback, that I'm completely confused as to which one will suit my TV.
U r the only person I know who's using the converter and with LG TV.
I'd appreciate if u can tell what make and model is ur converter; where u got it from; it's cost and specific features.

I spoke to one supplier in Delhi today. It appears that there r 2 types of converters - 2.1 (Rs 2100) and 5.1 channel (Rs 4500). Which one r u using?

Getting a 4500 buck converter doesn't make sense to me.

thnx.

Last edited:
Hey newtechie,

No need for formalities, haha, we're all friends here. I'm great, had a nice long sleep so I just woke up feeling pretty fresh today. For my setup, I use the FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter. It has been a while since I purchased it on eBay India so I don't quite remember the price. I think it was around Rs. 2000. I look around Amazon a bit, this model is similar to mine, but a later version: Amazon.com: FiiO D3 (D03K) Digital to Analog Audio Converter With Micca 6ft Optical Toslink Cable - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Electronics Check it out and see if it's suitable for your TV.

If there's any further question, feel free to ask :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back