Light weight DIY boxes for Atmos - silly tricks for hanging to false ceiling

Naveenbnc

For experts this may sound silly :D but for begginers every small trick helps.

There is no way I can hang wooden boxes to my false ceiling. I need something very light weight.

So I made boxes with cardboard and came up with mounting idea with hair pin and plastic pipe from lollypops :cool::cool:

Pics are self explanatory I guess. ...
Enjoy the desi jugad ....

Note: there will be vibrations with cardboard boxes since they are light weight. But these are just for Atmos effects. So it's fine ....

IMG_20190726_194759.jpg

IMG_20190726_194741.jpg

IMG_20190726_194825.jpg

Great work!
Any specific reason to choose 12" drivers for ATMOS?
You could have got away with much smaller drivers :)

Love it. I made a diffuser few months back, with cardboard boxes i got off Amazon for 300 Rupees. Just to test it and see if it really works. Not to hijack your thread, but this might be a cheap way of testing whether a diffuser works in your room or not. Not made with any scientific formula.
CB_Diff.jpg

Love it. I made a diffuser few months back, with cardboard boxes i got off Amazon for 300 Rupees. Just to test it and see if it really works. Not to hijack your thread, but this might be a cheap way of testing whether a diffuser works in your room or not. Not made with any scientific formula.
View attachment 37695
:D:D:D awesome !!
What was your observation ?? Diffuser worked for you ??

Last edited:
Great work!
Any specific reason to choose 12" drivers for ATMOS?
You could have got away with much smaller drivers :)
I tried a few small drivers for surrounds ... but they are not impressive.
They struggled to make their presence felt since my center and fronts are 12" drivers and they are too dominating.

Pics are self explanatory I guess. ...
Enjoy the desi jugad ....

It is the "effort" that counts, doesn't matter right or wrong, you always learn something out of it.. Hope you become "swiss army knife" of DIY soon..

I have been inspired by some of your DIY builds, and would soon be replicating some of your ideas.. Keep continuing this DIY with the same passion.. Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back