Limetree Bridge ii - Issue with playing Tidal HiRes

rdevakumar

Recently got the Tidal HiRes Plus subscription. My streamer is not playing with Master quality. It automatically changed to HiFi for the tracks with Master quality. However, when I play in local (Mobile, Desktop), the same track shows Master quality. Anyone using Lindemann Limetree Bridge II and able to play Tidal with Master quality. In the Lindemann App, it is 44.1 kHz, 16 bit for Master quality tracks.

Track when Playing with Local Device
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-24 at 4.02.46 PM.jpeg

Chaged to 'HiFi' when selected Limetree device.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-24 at 4.02.17 PM.jpeg

No support for MQA by Limetree bridge ii. Below is the exact from their website. Have to downgrade my subscription type.

MQA is not directly supported by our network players. Instead this format is output as a PCM file with CD resolution and, where appropriate, converted to DSD. If you still prefer to use MQA, Roon will be the easiest solution in combination with the Limetree. The MQA decoding will then take place outside the device and works by using the Roon app.

Now some tracks are on Tidal are available in Hi-Res FLAC (it's not MQA).
Is it possible to use this format in Limetree Bridge?
If not the why?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back