Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set Endoskull [Blu-ray]

srinisundar

My interest in the recent times were for collector edition and keenly look for cheaper one which will come in ebay. Few i got it in amazon and i am very much inclined to buy is Terminator-2.. Since my daughter also like Arnold and specially she likes Terminator-2 movie and theme music, i decided to go for this. Amazon.com: Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set Endoskull [Blu-ray]: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong: Movies & TV

For me some plans are there to avoid landing cost, why cant we try Amazon gift pack and so we can avoid customs in india;).. Ordered gift wrap and put in priority USPS shipping, so if we put by usps when it will land in India will come as ordinary post and still there is a chance it will not go into customs hand, since for gift wrap, invoice will NOT be kept for the box.

So I planned and god disposed it a different way why should an AV guy save some money?? will make him to spend more....

Cool ! Without knowing my plan Amazon greatly done a big favour for me by adding without any cost upgraded my order to International expedited DHL shipping:sad:.. Ah.. what a moment , i have decided am going to shell out around 2K as customs duty.. But let us fight. I am not an typical guy who leaves anything like that.......Try.....Typical this word i will not forget--one time "Cranky" mentioned about me... what a typical... Will give suitable explanation ... "Who am I" Not now Later in my first blog which will be posted soon.

On shipping within 3 days reach Chennai and DHL try to deliver to me same day and put an bill for 17xx as tax + 331 as handling charges and i wanted to take a chance, what will happen when i refuse stating it was sent as gift... Done it.... Sent an e-mail to customer care of DHL showing my order as gift and asked me to waive the duty/ Went to transit centre/ customs clearance centre in Chennai.. They told in the invoice sent along with the box, nowhere mentioned it as gift and if at all shipped from trader( Amazon or any other) or seller the item will be taken as purchased or involved some transaction. Only individual person to another individual gift can be sent that also to claim DHL as gift with customs department they need in advance supporting papers by e-mail at least 2 days before receipt of goods. Ok.. I agreed and give up my 2days fight and paid the tax and got it..

Do the above story needed in the movies section.... Yes let it be an eye opener for all who are buying from USA...

Coming to the edition.. I love the pack sent by Amazon.. Gift pack was kept inside and i know it cannot be kept outside, still i made an attempt to claim as gift. Forgot another note for all the DHL consignment for customs value declaration they have to give the invoice value, for USPS it is not needed.....

Some photos of the edition:

Box with my eagerly waiting kid to open it.

23407136.jpg

My kid with the gift wrap sent by Amazon....

91340258.jpg

After removing from the gift wrap the skull in the box is in the pic...After removing the pack my kid was afraid to come near to it.. However I pacified and later she is ok with that...

60746616.jpg

88643235.jpg

After removal from the box i am also interested to take an photo with that... I had an thorough inspection of that and the construction is good. There are 6 discs provided in the pack and all the discs shall be put in the skull back side compartment. New Bluray included is the Skynet edition which is released in 2009. A small tray like box was given for that.

On fixing the batteries, switch provided on the side was pressed. Light fixed in the eye is glowing red and in the background we could hear T2 movies music one by one on continuous pressing of button. The sound clarity is not much appealing but for my kid it is interesting.

I played few scenes of the Bluray of the main feature film and found to be very good transfer than previous one i had.. Lot of feautures have been added and good one for an fan.

Overall it is good buy for an videophile. However it may look odd for somebody to keep the skull in the living room. If you have dedicated HT it will be nice to keep in rack.

Myself and my kid.:)

37042196.jpg

My kid with the endoskull:)

66680480.jpg

With lights on in the eye.:licklips:

74684890.jpg

Some more...:)

56567955.jpg

90709997.jpg

75604613.jpg

Congrats Srini!!! Finally you have it

And a Blog - Now that's interesting, eagerly awaiting the first one - Do I get a early pre-view?

Congrats Srini!!. Fantastic addition to your ever-growing collection. That Endoskull will add to the decor of your planned dedicated HT:).

Yes, it should add... I have an batpod edition of Dark knight and it will be an good one and lot of small disney cars / Trucks / Star wars toys.. Hmm may be so far toys are cursing me for keeping them in box, let us hope it will come out soon.

Congrats Srini!!. Fantastic addition to your ever-growing collection. That Endoskull will add to the decor of your planned dedicated HT:).

great job. hope ur d'ter is enjoying both the movie & the skull.
all i can say is "slurrrp...slurrrrrrrrp" :licklips:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back