Line magnetic LM501I A

Lazer25

Dear friends recently I purchased Line Magnetic LM501IA integrated amplifier.KT 120 tube is used in this integrated amplifier so power is good.When I played it with my speaker then I found good response.But it was tube and solid state mixed performance.It was not neutral like usual pure tube based old generation amplifier.I am confused whether my speaker is not matching or this amplifier has different colours of performance.Should I change the speaker or sell out my amplifier?
Any suggestions regarding this ?
I have other option to play SFS 80 sonic frontiers.

Attachments

• IMG-20211228-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20211228-WA0003.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 81
Dear friends recently I purchased Line Magnetic LM501IA integrated amplifier.KT 120 tube is used in this integrated amplifier so power is good.When I played it with my speaker then I found good response.But it was tube and solid state mixed performance.It was not neutral like usual pure tube based old generation amplifier.I am confused whether my speaker is not matching or this amplifier has different colours of performance.Should I change the speaker or sell out my amplifier?
Hi Lazer :)

Kt-88 , Kt-120 and Kt-150 are high power output tubes, that when we'll implemented sound closer to a class A solid state amp, than the lush laid back sound usually associated with tubes . So if your amp has a option to use EL34 tubes, then that might be one good option to try. However if they cannot accommodate this change, then try changing the input tubes. Input tubes also have an impact on sound presentation.

And more importantly it also depends on the rest of the chain and the speakers in use.

What speakers do you have? Ofcourse speakers matter, an amplifier of this caliber needs really good speakers.

Hi Lazer :)

Kt-88 , Kt-120 and Kt-150 are high power output tubes, that when we'll implemented sound closer to a class A solid state amp, than the lush laid back sound usually associated with tubes . So if your amp has a option to use EL34 tubes, then that might be one good option to try. However if they cannot accommodate this change, then try changing the input tubes. Input tubes also have an impact on sound presentation.

And more importantly it also depends on the rest of the chain and the speakers in use.
Following your Suggestion I have changed the input tubes and found little change in performance. It becomes more silent and and adding extra colour to the input source. Even i bought another el34 based Sonic frontier power amplifier.It works fine with my Luxkit pre amplifier.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back