Linn Studio Masters download for free

Thanks. I have bought six or seven albums from their site and the quality is superb. These free downloads are individual tracks from larger works (usually) and will give you a good taster of the music and recording prowess.

I have only heard Barb Junger's Just Like A Woman album from Linn. It is 24/48. Lilac Wine from this album is stunning! if a bit spooky.

So, it's that time of the year again, huh? Thanks for sharing. Cheers for Linn for their awesome gesture. In the process they are also making a loyal fan-base. Good on them.

THANKS ! jls001

I am not a Western Classical music fan, but I did download the file, just to check it out.

WOW ! The Quality is SUPERB.... and I do have a few 24/192 and even DSD files in my collection, so this is hardly the 1st High Res file that i have heard. ( incidentally, I do not think that high Res always wins Hands down with a well ripped file, ripped on yr own m/c.... but I dont want to stir up a hornets nest on this count :eek: )

Interestingly, the Highest res option is : FLAC 24bit 88.2kHz

Clearly, LINN is strictly staying with integral mulitiples of the 44.1 KHz CD freq.

What ever hey are doing, they are doing a Great job..... !! :clapping:

Thanks again jls001.... cant wait for each day in December !

:THANKS ! Guys... this a Serious 'motherload" of Hi Res links, besides the usual HD Tracks & 2L links.

You know what I will be doing this weekend with my 50 MBps Hathway connection ! :)

Only trouble ...... I have practically run out of HDD space.

netant: Any place/way to get HD Tracks Discount coupons, without buying HD Tracks music ?

How do you buy from HDTracks? They accept only US credit cards.

Paypal.

This thread prompted me to do some tasting, and I bought/downloaded a couple of 24/96 (which is my hardware limit) Mahler symphonies last night. Paid by Paypal with no problems at all.

Haven't done any listening yet.

The High-res-is-it-worth-it debate will very likely go on for ever. Whilst I'm cynical, I'm certainly prepared to try it. Not really regarding this as a test of high-res, though, as I am not going to buy the 16/44 versions for comparison. Bottom line, hopefully: Whatever! It's good music! :eek:hyeah:

Thad,

Download and listen to the HD Tracks free Sampler CDs.

Not only Great recordings, but musically very good too.

...and ofcourse ..... they are Free !

This thread prompted me to do some tasting, and I bought/downloaded a couple of 24/96 (which is my hardware limit) Mahler symphonies last night. Paid by Paypal with no problems at all.

Haven't done any listening yet.

I listened to two of the pieces last night --- well, one and bit because I gave up.

Mahler 1: there is a lot of noise. It is the same kind of noise that I was listening to on sample files from one of the hi-res-contraversy papers. I believe my software/hardware chain plays a part in this, but it is a pain. I have to do the research. But... should I have to research just to listen to music? :(

Mahler 2: Harsh and fatiguing. Just like listening to low-bit MP3. I turned to my CD version just to soothe my ears --- and could have listened happily to the whole >1-hour contentedly if bed time had not intervened. Not a comparison, they are different recordings of different performances

Mahler 9: not listened yet. Actually, it was an accidental purchase: I clicked on the wrong thing. Wouldn't mind if it was good, though.

Not too worried about the $30+, but I'm glad it didn't cost more than that.

<The Next Day>

Now, this is very odd, and I have no idea what is going on or has happened. Yesterday, I was getting what is apparently text-book intermodulation errors. Today... I'm not.

Well, at first I was, and I was doing some low-pass testing stuff, and then, somehow, they just stopped happening. Hmmm... Hope it stays that way!

Did I imagine it? It's easy enough for mental/emotional state to totally change one's perception of music, but I was getting noises like the ones in the test files in the above links, and my brain certainly did not invent those.

~

Last edited:
I downloaded Day 1 freebie:)

Track is "Chorus And the Glory of the Lord" from Messiah, Dublin Version 1742 by George Frederic Handel.

Oh that was the appetizer. Its been available since 25th if I am right. Good you downloaded it when you did coz today is the last day it will be available (Available to download until Sunday 1st December 10:00GMT). Day 1 download is still not available at this time.
Thanks for the reminder, anyway!

The foll tracks are now available for download -
1 - Ghost Narrative (Single Version) from Ghost Narrative EP Studio Master FLAC 24bit 69.7MB
2 - Ladieu des bergers: Il sen va loin de la terre from Berlioz: L'enfance du Christ Studio Master FLAC 24bit 72.2MB
3 - Embraceable You from Too Much In Love To Care Studio Master FLAC 24bit 91.6MB

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back