Linn Studio Masters download for free

As happened in other cases, were there any blind testing to support 16 bit vs 24 bit debate ? One may prove that X is better than Y through mathematical/scientific methods, but the final judgment has to come from the blind testing method. It's like THD 0.001% vs THD 0.0009% - Numerically the former seems to be the better one, but can our ears (through blind test) hear that difference ? I have no answer and I am afraid even this 16 vs 24 bit falls under same category.

You forget that I dream of ultrasonically welded speaker cables :lol:

And, what's more, I'm serious! I actually trust the company that makes them! :) :)

~

Can't seem to download today's freebie hi-res. And it is an Ingrid Fliter Chopin Piano Concerto No 1, no less. Only artwork could be downloaded. Am I the only one or is everyone else facing this issue?

Can't seem to download today's freebie hi-res. And it is an Ingrid Fliter Chopin Piano Concerto No 1, no less. Only artwork could be downloaded. Am I the only one or is everyone else facing this issue?

Got the FLAC version... its 158 MB.

Let me know if you want it upped to DropBox.

Maybe too much traffic just after 1000 GMT!
I usually download a little later.

Someone please give a link for the 15th (Knecht).
Thanks

Last edited:
Happens to me too... just right click and open in new tab. Don't know if its an issue with the site or the browser (Firefox) I'm using... but opening the link in a new tab always works.

Oh thanks! Yes, it works.

Getting the piece of music appealed to me, but I still have to register, blah blah, and I didn't really want to be bothered.

Thad, I've been on this for the past few months and it's taken me some time as well to understand digital media.
You are right about the source material etc however all things being equal, high res files offers Dynamic Range.

A lot of lesser recordings by run of the mill studios are "hot" - in short they are louder and hence grab your attention. This is at the cost of dynamic range and loss of detail. Transients, low level detail, etc are sacrificed. The Linn recordings are some of the best I have heard. However, the material you get at other places are debatable. You also have to look at your DAC and how it processes the signal. My DAC has the S/PDIF inputs limited to 24/96 whereas input via USB goes upto 24/192. Big difference in sound quality when I use the USB input.

If you get some of the things not quite right - you will not hear the difference. In that case it would be better to stick with the resolution at which you get the best VFM. No point springing for the extra cash if you can't hear the difference.

Completely agree. Last Saturday, we compared a fairly great recording on high res and redbook. Miles Davis - kind of blue. In a very resolving system.

The dynamics in the high res has to be heard to be believed. It is almost like a new recording. In every conceivable way, the high res file sounded better.

Does anyone have Day 15, Laki Mera in studio master FLAC, missed it because my computer was down.

I have the rest to date, so if anyone wants I can put it in the dropbox.

I was planning to put it all together anyways once 25th is over :).

Well, I've been at it so far. Am travelling from Saturday so may need the last few days downloads.

Question time: has anyone listened to the downloads?

Confession time: I haven't. Except Barb Jungr's "The Times They're A'Changin" which I had heard before.

Answer: Just started to listen (hardly 5-6 I downloaded).
Confession: Flute Concerts (18th Dec) at 0:50 scared the crap out of me; I had set the volume quite high.

The Paper Trench from Tree Bursts In Snow (19th Dec)
Crappy recording. Horrible.
If you haven't downloaded, don't bother - save bandwidth.

Here you go:
Multiupload.nl - Linn - Day 15

Can I get Day 18? Both the Studio Master and the CD FLAC versions would be appreciated if you have them.

I think I have only the studio master version FLAC. I will upload in dropbox. That was a tough one to download! Had to do it 4 times to get it right!

PS: I am attaching it to the dropbox, hang on a bit.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back