Listening Local FM stations from computer

Vijay_s

I normally listen music from my computer and this one located in a separate room where I can't connect to my home theater or DTH receiver to listen radio. How can I listen local FM radio stations from my computer. Let me know any solutions comes into your mind.

Last edited:
How can I listen local FM radio stations from my computer. Let me know any solutions comes into your mind.

AverMedia USB Radio?

usb_radio_avermedia.gif
0150833.jpg

I have avermedia card with FM,but due to corner placement I cant get FM transmission.So check tht before getting any FM device.

I have avermedia card with FM,but due to corner placement I cant get FM transmission.So check tht before getting any FM device.

I fear I may also face the same issue, my computer is placed in a corner but a window is available right above it.

Can anyone clarify whether it works under such conditions?

try to find a USB FM HW that can work with Radiator.
This is the best software for FM on your PC and works with various cards

I use it with my dlink FM card and quality is great.

Here is the link to Radiator
Mirek Flesko - Programs

why not keep a tiny ebay PLL radio... small radios with 40Memory PLL tuning sell <1$..

why a pc is needed to tune to FM??

I fear I may also face the same issue, my computer is placed in a corner but a window is available right above it.

Can anyone clarify whether it works under such conditions?

Well,you can connect a simple wire to TV-tuners Antenna port & through out of window.It will work.

Buy one Aluratek jukebox which comes like a USB 2.0 device. Connect your laptop or desktop to internet, and insert the Aluratek device in USB slot.
You will get thousands of radio stations from world online.
Very useful device.

Do you need to go through all the trouble of setting up the hardware/software of FM on your PC? If you have an unlimited internet connection, you may find online radio stations much better. Here's an example:

Dozens of free online radio stations - BigRRadio.com

80s Metal FM is my favorite and I've been listening to this channel since the last 10 years or so (whenever I am online)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back