Little Dot HEADPHONE Amplifier MK V Solid State available cheap

broysound

Hi
Everyone

You all might Know that Headphone amplifier market has no potential in India, that's why it's almost impossible to get a nice dedicated headphone amplifier here.

I have a pair of senn HD595 and HD650 for almost a year, but still are craving for a dedicated headphone amp.

After going through several Posts on internet i found something really special and cheap- The Little Dot MK V Solid State Headphone Amp

It's a china based company, and Little dot are quite famous for their price/performance ratio.
Some of their famous products are Little Dot II++ , MK III and MK II

MK V are available For 300$ + 50$ shipping charges

Though i mailed them Today to know if any Indian reseller exists to eliminate the custom duty barrier but they say that they don't currently have one , so all purchases are direct from China.

I am now in a nervous situation of whether to place order or not because i am not at all familiar with custom duty process and it will be my first import from other country.

If anyone has any information regarding any seller's selling MK V or can import one for me can let me know.

Also let me know if there are any good DEDICATED HEADPHONE AMP within 300$ price range easily available in INDIA.

Link For Little Dot MK V awesome review

Review of Little Dot MKV Dual Mono Solid State Headphone Amplifier - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I have personally bought 2 Little Dot Micro+ headphone amps. I had some hesitation initially esp. dealing with someone on the web without even auditioning the piece in the first place. I took the risk as the first purchase was for USD 95 only and I have been very, very pleased with the transaction as well as the support thus far.

How I did it?

* I communicated with David Z.P. (ebay id: Davidzhezhe) via email (timely and clear communication).
* I used their ebay store with 'Buy It Now' option - not sure if he still has that method.
* I used paypal to pay to cover myself incase there were issues with the transaction.
* The item arrived after a while and I ended up paying about 30% in customs and taxes when it arrived at my doorstep.

What I like about the amps?
* THD+N = 0.02%
* No hissing even at max volume
* Very portable, excellent sound quality and dynamics
* Casing is very sturdy but (read below)
* Superb charge holding features for the LiON rechargable battery (I go for weeks without charging this)

What I don't like?

* It uses a Maxim MAX9724 OPAMP, which is proprietary and cannot be upgraded (I am a part DIY guy esp. with cheap components). This is not bad at all but for someone who likes to upgrade a bit hear and there, it may not provide much options.

* The gain is not as much as the other amps that I have seen. For instance, I rev up the vol to about 70-90% to drive my AVG 501 headphones for some tracks. Since there is no distortion, this is OK for me.

* While the casing is very stable and good, the screws used to hold the plates on the ends of the amps come loose time and again. So as a monthly exercise, I use my Philips screw driver to retighten the screws. This is a minor irritant, but it is nonetheless.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I have a Musical Fidelity X Can v8 for sale. You can ping me if you are interested. We can work out on the price. Its brand new - used for just few hours.

I have personally bought 2 Little Dot Micro+ headphone amps. I had some hesitation initially esp. dealing with someone on the web without even auditioning the piece in the first place. I took the risk as the first purchase was for USD 95 only and I have been very, very pleased with the transaction as well as the support thus far.

How I did it?

* I communicated with David Z.P. (ebay id: Davidzhezhe) via email (timely and clear communication).
* I used their ebay store with 'Buy It Now' option - not sure if he still has that method.
* I used paypal to pay to cover myself incase there were issues with the transaction.
* The item arrived after a while and I ended up paying about 30% in customs and taxes when it arrived at my doorstep.

If i go for the 300$ MK V , will the custom duty still charge 30% of the product or will they charge more?

I hope the custom duty percentage haven't fluctuated since your purchase, atleast not in a bad way.

And can you please tell me how much time they took to ship the product.

Thank You
B Roy

If i go for the 300$ MK V , will the custom duty still charge 30% of the product or will they charge more?

I hope the custom duty percentage haven't fluctuated since your purchase, atleast not in a bad way.

And can you please tell me how much time they took to ship the product.

Thank You
B Roy

You should account for about a 10% fluctuation since the customs guys are funny and sometimes charge a little less or more from my experience. I have been charged anywhere from no customs (lucky me) to 35% fees (though it was for big items). I have not gotten any electronics recently to let you know the %age.

It takes a while to get it ~ 1 month for me but you can email David and ask for options to get to India.

You should account for about a 10% fluctuation since the customs guys are funny and sometimes charge a little less or more from my experience. I have been charged anywhere from no customs (lucky me) to 35% fees (though it was for big items). I have not gotten any electronics recently to let you know the %age.

It takes a while to get it ~ 1 month for me but you can email David and ask for options to get to India.

Thank You marsilians for the info, One Good news is that one of my friend is leaving for China in about 3 weeks, will be back in one week, He has promised me to get Mk V, also i am in contact with David, he had earlier quoted price as 17,316 INR incl ship, a apprx of 21000 INR incl customs, but now because of my friend i can cut down the 4500 INR shipping charges.

Thank You marsilians for the info, One Good news is that one of my friend is leaving for China in about 3 weeks, will be back in one week, He has promised me to get Mk V, also i am in contact with David, he had earlier quoted price as 17,316 INR incl ship, a apprx of 21000 INR incl customs, but now because of my friend i can cut down the 4500 INR shipping charges.

Thats great info and a very good savings. but the total is still coming close to 380 USD! Are you sure about this? The ebay price is 289 + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Little-Dot-MK-V...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I would confirm the final price with David and pay it using paypal just in case.

Also you need to burn it in for 100 hrs or so before the soundstage opens up.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back