little fun

Hiten

Sorry to disappoint and apologies as this is not serious DIY
Just thought about sharing as I have nothing else to do... :p

Recently I had sold a phono pre module to a member but he didnt had power supply for it. I had few components and vero board with me so made him a temporary/stop gap filter DC power supply. Later proper power supply will be made.

I dont like Veroboards. So to make it presentable I made a simple design for it.

1) Veroboard 2) Spacers to offset plastic shield 3) Side foam to close the gap and aesthetic purpose 4) Plastic shield and screws so it can be mounted on metal chassis floor.
newps1.jpg

1) Bottom electronic plumbing work 2) Diodes/Caps/Terminals for DC 3) +ve and - Ve terminals marked 4) Bottom of the board.
newps2.jpg

Thanks for your time. Have a happy joyfull evening.
Regards

Last edited:
This is such a neat little job,nowhere "disappointing" as you mention.

btw are those repurposed "bindis" flanking the screw terminal?

btw are those repurposed "bindis" flanking the screw terminal?
No bro, I only use audiophile stuff for audio things.;)
Can you guess ? :)

bindi.jpg bindi2.jpg

Sir, this is out my scope o_O but I really like the final product :D
Neatness was my goal.

Bhai please call me Hiten. Dont call me sir. Sir makes me feel old...v e r y old . . :)
regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably to discharge capacitors when turning Off. I am 'color by numbers' type of DIYer. I followed schematic which was given in literature of the phono preamp module.

I had posted my query about resistor here
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...2101a-review-vintage-phono-stage.19624/page-3
It is not bleeder resistor. I was doubtful because it was in series. It is low pass filter as Member Mr. LTig at ASR has said.

Thanks Gopib. Compared to other DIY stuff this is just kidstuff. :)
Regards
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whoever did it thanks for removing Hindi title. ;)

Thread name changed :)
Who did it ? I would like to unfriend him like young people do on face book. :p
just kidding :).

Good that it was removed. I myself found it mildly annoying while browsing.
Thanks and regards.

Hi Hiten,

Received the pckage today.

I really want to thank you for all the help. The way you have gone that extra mile in building the power supply module.. cant thank you enough.
Once again thank you for the nice gesture you have shown.

Thanks a lot,

Sreejith

Hello Sreejith,
Good to know that. However as said treat this as temporary arrangement for powersupply. If I come across any good PS I will give it to you.
I had posted a query on this forum
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...2101a-review-vintage-phono-stage.19624/page-2
Though it would not make much difference I would like you to replace 1000uf cap which is above the (-ve) Terminal (above Black Dot) to 470uf capacitor. This is low pass filter and higher 1000uf will cut more than 470uf as per member there. First try this on some dummy speaker/amp and let it run for few days. One can not trust old electronics.
Warm Regards.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back