Local Dimming TVs.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a 65 inch TV. But its so hard to find full specifications of the panels, that searching for a TV has become a pain. I am looking for a TV with good local dimming. I am pretty brand agnostic so even a crap brand is okay with me, provided I get what I am looking for.

My preferred choice would have been Full Array LED with local dimming. But they seem a bit pricey at the moment. Direct LED is fine I guess. I looked at TCL C815/715, but they turned out to be edge lit. And most things I find, like Hisense/Toshiba, they are not even available in market.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Well, the Mi Q1 is making some buzz, the reviews are generally good. It's worth considering (although it comes in 75"). Here is a detailed thread about this TV.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a 65 inch TV. But its so hard to find full specifications of the panels, that searching for a TV has become a pain. I am looking for a TV with good local dimming. I am pretty brand agnostic so even a crap brand is okay with me, provided I get what I am looking for.

My preferred choice would have been Full Array LED with local dimming. But they seem a bit pricey at the moment. Direct LED is fine I guess. I looked at TCL C815/715, but they turned out to be edge lit. And most things I find, like Hisense/Toshiba, they are not even available in market.

Any pointers would be helpful.
Did you consider the Tcl C825/C725? I know they are not available right now but they come with full array local dimming

C825 and C725 should be available won't they? They released on 7th of July. It's the C728 that is a mystery. C725, I never considered, it's just direct LED, with no local dimming. And it's just 330 nits of brightness. And C825's 65 inch hasn't hit the market yet or at least the last time I checked, it hadn't. Plus an extra 20 inches at the cost of C825's 55 inch, was just too much to pass by.

C825 and C725 should be available won't they? They released on 7th of July. It's the C728 that is a mystery. C725, I never considered, it's just direct LED, with no local dimming. And it's just 330 nits of brightness. And C825's 65 inch hasn't hit the market yet or at least the last time I checked, it hadn't. Plus an extra 20 inches at the cost of C825's 55 inch, was just too much to pass by.
I checked on Amazon, none of them are currently available. Not sure about offline partners though. I am considering the 55inch C825 but only after some solid reviews.

On base features alone, the C825 is worth going for without a review. But yeah wait for some reviews. But then again, none of the Indian reviewers on YouTube are any good. The just regurgitate the spec sheet with music and a fancy video. Some don't even bother doing that. Reviewers like RTings, HDTVTest are just not there. So even if you see the review, not sure how much of insight it will provide.

This is my one gripe. Manufacturers declare items as "released", but market availability is zero.

On base features alone, the C825 is worth going for without a review. But yeah wait for some reviews. But then again, none of the Indian reviewers on YouTube are any good. The just regurgitate the spec sheet with music and a fancy video. Some don't even bother doing that. Reviewers like RTings, HDTVTest are just not there. So even if you see the review, not sure how much of insight it will provide.

This is my one gripe. Manufacturers declare items as "released", but market availability is zero.
Yeah, they don't have enough manufacturing capacity yet especially due to covid. And by reviews I meant user reviews on Amazon and forums. I don't rely on Indian YouTube reviews ever. Most of them are mediocre or downright useless, while others are paid for by companies.

Even there is a problem. I am not sure how tech savvy a buyer would be, to post a review that is worth reading. There might be a few out there. So that would require a lot of patience and reading through 100s of reviews. So I am looking at a good three months of wait for you!!!! :)

Don't go by ratings and reviews alone. You must have your own conviction first. I once was criticised left right and center for not waiting for C1 and going for a less "bright" CX. Well a year or so ago it was the segment leader in OLEDs and was a one of a kind TV. Infact C9 itself is good enough to buy in today's market, even better than CX in audio codec support. Diwali season offers can get your hands on old inventory at good smart prices. 9500G was still sought for more than 9000h when 9000h was brandished the FALD of the century. 9500H 75" was baited for even 2.5lakhs in the end but 9500G 65" sold like hot pieces of cakes. Wonder why 65" 9500H was not launched in India. The 75" 9500h was priced initially at 5.39 lakhs!! And still was available for 2.58 lakhs. So it all depends on consumer patterns. Reviews, theories and lectures won't help. Your conviction will. And don't have remorse once you buy a TV set.

Even there is a problem. I am not sure how tech savvy a buyer would be, to post a review that is worth reading. There might be a few out there. So that would require a lot of patience and reading through 100s of reviews. So I am looking at a good three months of wait for you!!!! :)
I indeed plan to wait for three months. I plan to get a 55 inch during Diwali. Lg cx is also under consideration if I can find one for less than 1.25L. My intended use is for OTT content and Pc/Ps5 gaming. So looking for tvs with faster refresh rate and Hdmi 2.1.

Mods one request. Pls move this to Television thread where many knowledgeable participants would chip in their views. This thread is out of place for tv discussions.

The CX dropped to Rs. 124k on TataCliq sometime in late February for a few days. At the time I thought of getting it. But my viewing patterns would surely induce burn-ins. So I opted out of OLED.

I waited for the C1. But the price is unreasonable. LG site has the 65 listed at Rs. 3.6L. I would rather buy a second hand car with that. In US it is still pretty reasonable and worth a pot shot. But here, blimey!

The CX dropped to Rs. 124k on TataCliq sometime in late February for a few days. At the time I thought of getting it. But my viewing patterns would surely induce burn-ins. So I opted out of OLED.

I waited for the C1. But the price is unreasonable. LG site has the 65 listed at Rs. 3.6L. I would rather buy a second hand car with that. In US it is still pretty reasonable and worth a pot shot. But here, blimey!
I considered qled only because of the high price of Cx at the moment. If I'm unable to get one around diwali I'd go for the Tcl C825.

Back