Logical upgrade to Onkyo TX NR 3030 AVR

Logical upgrade to Onkyo 3030 AVR

• Denon 6700

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Pioneer lx 505

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arvind Mathur

I have been using Onkyo 3030 AVR for the last 8 years and have been quite satisfied with it's performance. Sound clarity is its USP.
I am also using ARC function of the AVR with my LG CX OLED.
Now looking for an upgrade within a price band of 3 to 3.5 Lakhs. Looking for new AVR to spice up things. Open to go for separates also if it fits into my budget.
I am using 5.2.1 speaker configuration.
Looking for suggestions from FMs.

Given your budget, I’d take a serious look at the Anthem MRX 740. With the ability of ARC Genesis in these units to adjust phase for better integration of subs with speakers, you may find this a worthwhile upgrade for your money.

Couldn't agree more but dunno his speakers & room size.
I have been using Onkyo 3030 AVR for the last 8 years and have been quite satisfied with it's performance. Sound clarity is its USP.
Now looking for an upgrade within a price band of 3 to 3.5 Lakhs. Looking for new AVR to spice up things. Open to go for separates also if it fits into my budget.
Guess more details would be good then just mentioning the budget.

Couldn't agree more but dunno his speakers & room size.

Guess more details would be good then just mentioning the budget.
My home theater set up is in my living room of the Size of 15' x 15' and my speaker set up is Polk Audio LSiM 707 tower speakers and LSiM series central, surround and atmos speakers. Woofer also polk 600 watts

My home theater set up is in my living room of the Size of 15' x 15' and my speaker set up is Polk Audio LSiM 707 tower speakers and LSiM series central, surround and atmos speakers. Woofer also polk 600 watts
The MRX740 will fit perfectly for your setup. I doubt u would need external amplification but if you do later on in the future(speaker upgrade) then the Anthems have good high voltage & clean signal pre outs. You could also consider the Arcam avr20.

The MRX740 will fit perfectly for your setup. I doubt u would need external amplification but if you do later on in the future(speaker upgrade) then the Anthems have good high voltage & clean signal pre outs. You could also consider the Arcam avr20.
In case I stretch my budget to 5 lakhs can I get a good pre power home theater set up?
What are the various combinations to fit withing this budget?
As an alternative is Arcam AV 31 AVR a good vhoiceviver aeperstes? Read lot of good reviews about this AVR but would appreciate User feedbacks

Another bet could be Tonewinner AT 300 pre pro and Emotive XPA 5 Power Amp.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back