Logitech Harmony - Elite

Taking an old question.. I am setting up alexa echo dot with Logitech Harmony hub and I am now able to find the harmony skill in alexa app on my phone to pair them. Spoke to Amazon rep n he says he too is not able to see this skill in alexa india but is available in Amazon US account. Now if I create new Amazon account US .. it would break other things in alexa ..
any advice or work around would really help.

Problem is Alexa has a aux port n Bluetooth and can act as preamp as well as lots of other tasks but Google home does not have it . This makes things favourable for alexa

Guys need help..

I was planning to use alexa echo dot to control both my music setup (crown amp with passive speakers) and Hometheater via logitech harmony hub.

Now challenge is - for music : alexa works fine as a preamp to crown amp via aux port. I just say alexa play this song and it plays. However with harmony hub support removed, i cannot control any other devices in HT. I got another HUB from homemate but that does not have extensive device support as harmony hub. Just basic on / off for only limited devices.

Now I have google mini which still has harmony hub support and hence I can control HT but with it i cannot control music setup as it does not have aux port to connect to amp for music. To get music working , I am not sure if there is a capable device i can have midway like a bluetooth receiver that can take inputs from google mini and connect to BT receiver and play like alexa does.

I need both music and HT to work with either alexa or mini but not both as that shall be very confusing to family who are primary users.
Please advice a minimum investment solution.

Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back