• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Logitech Harmony - Elite

Smo

Hi Guys, I am having smart home devices viz, Tata Sky, Smart TV, Smart bulbs, Yamaha AVR ( for music & 7.1 movies ) motorized Curtain, Alexa, Apple TV etc just to name a few.
For all these stuff I am using different set of remotes (Apart from iPhone Apps) which is very cumbersome to use at times.
I am planning to upgrade to universal remote Viz. Logitech harmony Elite. If any member currently using it & Can help me in suggesting if it truly works as universal remote & also if Yamaha AVR, Tata Sky works with Alexa thru Harmony Elite.
Thanks !

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

petes

If you can extend your budget a little, my suggestion is to go for Harmony hub so that you can voice control many things

Th!ru

Make sure you don't have any devices controlled by RF remote. It will only support IR (good DB of devices, if not almost anything can be learnt.)and some Bluetooth controlled devices. You might need to use hub and the IR extender if all the devices are spread away. Your equipments might be in a rack, IR switchboard somewhere else and the curtain IR receiver etc.,
I use a Harmony companion with hub which controls Denon avr, Nvidia shield, pioneer BD player, Airtel STB(moved from Videocon, as they have only RF remotes) inside a rack. The extender place outside the rack controls by IR switch box( got from eBay) in opposite wall, and RGB LED strip lights having receiver in the ceiling.
The coolest thing is you can setup the activities and have custom functions from many devices for a particular button during an activity. For eg when you pause Movie activity you can switch on you lights through the IR switchboard etc.,

I am not sure about Alexa etc., I have not tested, but it says the latest products are supporting

MusicMadness

hi.
did anyone tried using airtel dth universal remote to control the avr ?
Technically it should work as both are IR based, but not sure how many keys can be programmed in airtel remote.

manav24

Hi Guys, I am having smart home devices viz, Tata Sky, Smart TV, Smart bulbs, Yamaha AVR ( for music & 7.1 movies ) motorized Curtain, Alexa, Apple TV etc just to name a few.
For all these stuff I am using different set of remotes (Apart from iPhone Apps) which is very cumbersome to use at times.
I am planning to upgrade to universal remote Viz. Logitech harmony Elite. If any member currently using it & Can help me in suggesting if it truly works as universal remote & also if Yamaha AVR, Tata Sky works with Alexa thru Harmony Elite.
Thanks !
Hi I am using Logitech Harmony elite with hub from last 2 years and frankly this is the best investment ever to make your life easy and getting rid of multiple remotes, I got rid of 4 remotes including VU TV, Marantz AVR, Nvidia Sheild, Videocon D2H and it works really great, you can program any function to it, in start it may feel cumbersome but once your start using it, you cannot go back to normal remote.

manav24

also Alexa does not work if your country is listed as India in Amazon app.
that is alexa does not have logitech harmony skill for India.

Smo

also Alexa does not work if your country is listed as India in Amazon app.
that is alexa does not have logitech harmony skill for India.
Pls guide, How do I make Alexa to work in India

manav24

you can use another skill name as Yonomi with alexa and logitech harmony but it has limited functionality.

shankarcams

I have tried to use Yonomi and it does work, but it is more of a fad. After a couple of days went back to button press rather than spoken commands. A lot more intuitive and easier.

SPONSORED ADS

Smo

Seems India prices are exorbitant starting from ₹ 39k-56K
So I am getting pre Used from eBay.com @ ₹ 15-18K, though I am not sure how much customs on used Electronics.

manav24

I bought from Amazon.com and got it for $427 including shipping and duty so around Rs30000/- 2 years back

SPONSORED ADS