Lookin to build audio system under 3L

zophar

Hey

Movin to a new house in Chennai, lookin to design a dedicated media room

I've noticed prices in India vary WIDELY depending who you buy from. I've seen the InFocus IN76 available from 95 thousand to over 2 lakh!

Looking for help on where to buy in Chennai , Looking for an idea of expected cost and any suggestions

Denon AVR2807 AV Receiver
Fronts ProAC Studio 140
Rear Studio 110
Center Response CC1
Sub Response ER1

Some of my friends have suggested I go for a 7.2 setup instead but I think that would be out of budget and I think these speakers will be powerful enough to cover the room.

Thanks in advance for all the help !

Oh and to mention application, movie viewing and watching concerts, mostly rock

Hey

Movin to a new house in Chennai, lookin to design a dedicated media room

I've noticed prices in India vary WIDELY depending who you buy from. I've seen the InFocus IN76 available from 95 thousand to over 2 lakh!

Looking for help on where to buy in Chennai , Looking for an idea of expected cost and any suggestions

Denon AVR2807 AV Receiver
Fronts ProAC Studio 140
Rear Studio 110
Center Response CC1
Sub Response ER1

Some of my friends have suggested I go for a 7.2 setup instead but I think that would be out of budget and I think these speakers will be powerful enough to cover the room.

Thanks in advance for all the help !

More often than not a 5.1 is adequate. More so with a 5.1 setup, you can bi-amp the front pair which makes a world of difference when listening to music in stereo.

I have almost a similar setup that you are planning to setup with 2 differences"
1. I use ARCAM electronics
2. I use the Studio center instead of the CC1. The Studio center is a newer breed of center channel speaker to match the Studio range

BTW, where r u getting the IN76 @ 95K? Is it with bill & warranty?

Denon 2807 is an extremely good amp.it retails for 74,900/-u'll get a small discount .available at pro-fx in spencer plaza.if u need contact nos n the concerned person,i can help u.they'll do the setup neatly.as for the spkrs am nt familiar, anyways happy listenin and play loud!

Hi !

Do you want a set up for music or for movies ?

If you want to buy a set up for movies; then the projector from Panasonic I like a lot - 100 Model Number.
OPPO Digital should be your DVD Player.
The Speakers I like are from Klipsch. Reference Line
The Audio People in Chennai sell these products.

However for music, I would have a very very different set up.
Dedicated Integrated AMp + CD Player + 1 pair of good mid fi speakers.

First decide, then I shall suggest;

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back