Looking for 55 inch UHD LED

macho3215

I am looking for a 55 inch UHD LED TV. The consumer today is spoilt for choice and I am divided between the below models. Any inputs will be appreciated.

LG 139 cm (55) 55UJ752T 4K (Ultra HD) LED Smart TV -- Only TV with Dolby Vision
Sony 139.7 cm (55) KD-55X7002E 4K (Ultra HD) LED Smart TV
Panasonic 139 cm (55) TH-55EX600D 4K (Ultra HD) LED Smart TV
Samsung 138cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) Curved LED Smart TV (55KU6570) -- Curved is not that big consideration and this is the most expensive of the lot.

Sony's 2018 models were already started delivering, but LG is still 2017 models. The latest 2018 models comes with google assistant integrated and better software. So it's better to wait till they launch 2018 models here or to opt for 2018 Sony models if budget is not a constraint. Samsung is lagging behind in market and not much features to brag about. Firefox OS in Panasonic is outdated and the OS itself is stopped. So opt only if smart features were not a requirement.

Sony's 2018 models were already started delivering, but LG is still 2017 models. The latest 2018 models comes with google assistant integrated and better software. So it's better to wait till they launch 2018 models here or to opt for 2018 Sony models if budget is not a constraint. Samsung is lagging behind in market and not much features to brag about. Firefox OS in Panasonic is outdated and the OS itself is stopped. So opt only if smart features were not a requirement.

The 2017 models of both Samsung and Sony are available at significantly lower price. So budget is a concern here. If the choice was between the listed models then would it be the Sony or LG?

The 2017 models of both Samsung and Sony are available at significantly lower price. So budget is a concern here. If the choice was between the listed models then would it be the Sony or LG?

I consider it as a TIE, since both fall in the same price bracket. LG has better features whereas sony has better video processing. Have to match side and side and decide which one to go for. Smart features were best in LG as WebOS better than Opera OS. Direct audition will give you better visibility.

I have the lg 55 UJ752. I’m very happy. No reason to complain.

I consider it as a TIE, since both fall in the same price bracket. LG has better features whereas sony has better video processing. Have to match side and side and decide which one to go for. Smart features were best in LG as WebOS better than Opera OS. Direct audition will give you better visibility.
Thanks. I'll visit a store over weekend.

Just bought the Sony 7002E to replace my bedroom TV. Found it to be the best in that range.
If you plan to use the TV OS to run apps, buy the 7005E Android model. Rest of the specs are same. If you plan to use an Android box like I do, 7002E is enough. Save the 5K ...

Just bought the Sony 7002E to replace my bedroom TV. Found it to be the best in that range.
If you plan to use the TV OS to run apps, buy the 7005E Android model. Rest of the specs are same. If you plan to use an Android box like I do, 7002E is enough. Save the 5K ...
7005E doesn't have a 55 inch version.

Ordered VU 55 inch with 2 years extended warranty from Flipkart in an impulse yesterday. Available at a great price. Got delivery scheduled for 19th so still have time to think. I hope it goes well. Any views on the TV are welcome. Broad feedback available online is positive. Link to ordered TV @Rjoshi @ratheesh @celester340

Hey there, which VU 55 one is better? I see more than one model listed on Flipkart. Your link is not working.

Congrats on your purchase. Just curious, you didn't consider xiaomi mi tv? It has most features for half the price

Congratulations macho.

I too recently purchased Samsung 50 incher 4k uhd TV and it's awesome too at the price.

Enjoy.

Congratulations macho. Did you receive the extended warranty card? If the second year warranty is comprehensive or only on panel.

Congrats on your purchase. Just curious, you didn't consider xiaomi mi tv? It has most features for half the price
I did consider it but the reviews on the picture quality put me off. This TV cost me ₹45,637. So not much different than MI TV. I think MI has no feature that this TV is missing.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back