looking for a 26" LCD TV

afg

Hi

I have been scouting for a 26in LCD tv over the past couple of weeks. This is for my bedroom. My room is too small for a 32" (about 6-8 ft viewing distance). I have a Panasonic 42" plasma in my hall and it is a beautiful TV with great picture quality.

I have checked out the Sony (probably S series), Samsung and Panasonic and was quite dissapointed by the picture quality. Normal Tata Sky transmission was much better on my CRT. The LCD colours look bright and artificial with too much picture noise. Blacks were bad with some TVs having a bluish tinge. In dark pictures, one pratically cannot see anything suggesting poor contrast ratios (despite the claimed and misleading high dynamic contrast ratios). DVDs were better but not as natural and warm as my plasma. So the bottom line is - I am confused. I don't want to spend Rs.30k on something that is not satisfactory. I do need a LCD in my room as the CRT is too bulky.

Any advice? Which are the good LCD tvs in that range and budget (Rs.30k)?

Samsung, I do understand but which Panasonic model you have seen? I've seen & own(ed) many panasonic models, but never seen any flaws in my eyes.

Samsung and Panasonic and was quite dissapointed by the picture quality.

dont know if this suits your mind but.......how about getting a 22"-24" lcd monitor with/without dvi (your choice) and a good tv tuner card (all ins and outs except for dig. audio, hdmi and component).

pros:
-switch btw. tv and monitor at full res. (depends on tuner).
-control volume channels and standby from tuner remote like regular tv.
-use any other inputs of analog stereo audio and composite and s-video.
-11,500 + 1200 = rs.12,700 total for 22" (did this for a cousin recently) do the math for a 24".

cons:
-cumbersome with the wires and tuner box showing aroun the monitor.
-no HD video or digital audio inputs unless u get a true 1080p in the 24" models and a tuner to go with it.
-an unfinished and cheesy biscuit sized remote.
-no expensive brand name on your unit.

cant guarantee the picture quality that you are worried about. my cousin loved his set.

if its only 26" you want you cant use this method. its way too expensive.
hope this is an alternative.

good luck

k

Samsung, I do understand but which Panasonic model you have seen? I've seen & own(ed) many panasonic models, but never seen any flaws in my eyes.

To be frank, I did not get much time to evaluate the Panasonic. Further, it did not have a PC input so that's why I have struck it off the list.

It must have a d-sub (VGA), PC input

I asked the salesman and he said it does not have. I also checked the terminal specs of the TX -26 LX70 model on the Panasonic India website and it does not show up there either.

Dear Pal

For a distance of 6-8 feets, 32" is really suitable...

And if you are looking at really good picture and vga input, none other than Hitachi i can recommend...

Hitachi, the only company to have 10000:1 contrast in 26" LCDs.
And has a VGA input as well.

Model L26A01A - Priced at Rs.35K (Most expensive in class).
But believe me, its worth for its price...

Try with a dealer they can get you a good price for it...

Or else you can even consider Panasonic and Samsung(8000:1 Contrast)...

Do let me know, for any queries and best deals...

Thanks & Regards

Mridul Goel

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back