Looking for a 43” TV for casual viewing

vkalia

So after my search for a sound bar for my TV ended with us setting aside one room as a dedicated movie/TV room, we now want another TV in the hangout area of our living space. It’s gonna be in a bright environment, and mainly for watching sports and the like with friends (think UFC, NFL/NBA and such) or casual viewing while multi-tasking. For the space and seating arrangement, a 43” TV will be fine (we dont with it to overpower the area either) - so size is sorted.

My question has to do with quality.

I am seeing 2 tiers of TVs - those around the Rs 30k mark (Vu, Hisense, TCL) and those around the Rs 40k mark (Samsung, LG). For my intended use, is the quality difference going to be worth stepping up? I am not too fussed if the difference is something that you have to pay attention to notice - but if it is significant and readily obvious, I’m ok paying more for the TV.

I’d go check in a store but since they all have the contrast and brightness jacked up so much, it is hard to determine anything from there.

Not too fussed about the sound. i am going to stick the output from it to a Marantz integrated I have lying around and some bookshelves i will pick up (no subwoofer planned for now). So looking for the best image quality. Bonus points if the built-in Android works well - if not, i will slap on a Firestick or AppleTV. So this is not critical.

Thoughts?

All new TVs have some OS built in. So you will have apps. I would stick to LG, Samsung, Panasonic, SONY and go for something else only if these were beyond my budget.

MaSh

Thanks for that - i am not fussed about the app side. My question was mainly with the image quality.

Have been checking specs on Amazon and elsewhere, and the Mi/TCL/OnePlus types actually seem to have better specs: HDR+, Dolby Vision, more RAM/storage, etc. and are all clustered around the 30k range, wherewas you have to get up to 45-50k for the better known brands.

The price difference isnt a big thing if the quality is worth it - and obviously, the bigger brands are a safer bet. That said, i am very happy to pocket the difference if i dont need to pay it - hence the question. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back