Looking for a Home Theater System with Good Music capability

With Sonodyne it will be decent if not great. Sonodynes are great way to start, do keep in mind that if you do not wish to spend more in future on upgrades then spend well now and spend once.
If you are going with Sonodyne then for the fronts go with 2504 rather than 1501.
The Roar subwoofer for that price is quite nice for movies, not ideal for music but for HT purpose it will do quite well.

Guys, if I choose Denon AVR110W as the AVR; can I make a 5.1 system with following components from Sonodyne Sonus stable?

Centre: Sonus C 2501 (8 ohms, 2 way MTM (Mid-Tweeter-Mid) vented)

Rear surround: Sonu Rears V3 (8 ohms, 2 way dipole surround speakers)

Subwoofer: Road 210 (150W, 1 x 10" high excursion woofer)

Fronts: Sonus 2504 v3 (8 ohms, 2 way towers with 2 x 5.25" PP cone woofer and 1 x 1" silk dome tweeter)
OR
Sonus 1501 V3 (8 ohms, Bookshelf speaker, 2 way vented, 1 x 5.25" PP cone woofer, 1 x 1" silk dome tweeter )

While I am getting the prices, how do you all feel will above 5.1 speaker setup perform around Denon AVR1100W? Fellpw FMs who are using Sonodyne, please share your views.

Don't know your budget for the speakers, but yes, you can go with Sonodyne Sonus range of speakers...

@ present am using Sonus 1501 BS, c2401 center & have used 2605 FS and Rears dipoles for more than 2 yrs time and am happy with it...

I would pick 2 pairs of Sonus 1501 BS, c2501 center, Rear dipoles and a sub-woofer to complete 7.1 system... 2 pairs (Fronts & front heights)

Guys, eferand1 and rayvonnee,
While looking for speakers for MarantzNR1504 from Boston Acoustics stable i.e. A series; How will it be to construct a speaker package by taking all the components of HTS2310 and just substituting the front A23s with a pair of A26s?

A23 is 2-way 3 1/2 Bookshelf
whereas A26 is 2-way 6 1/2 Bookshelf.

Frequency range of A23: 80Hz - 25KHz
and that of A26: 51Hz - 25KHz

and I would let the rear surround remain as A23 only; how will it sound? I am doing it because of my music needs.

Last edited:
Don't know your budget for the speakers, but yes, you can go with Sonodyne Sonus range of speakers...

@ present am using Sonus 1501 BS, c2401 center & have used 2605 FS and Rears dipoles for more than 2 yrs time and am happy with it...

I would pick 2 pairs of Sonus 1501 BS, c2501 center, Rear dipoles and a sub-woofer to complete 7.1 system... 2 pairs (Fronts & front heights)
From where you are going to buy the Sonus 1501? pair price?

Guys, eferand1 and rayvonnee,
While looking for speakers for MarantzNR1504 from Boston Acoustics stable i.e. A series; How will it be to construct a speaker package by taking all the components of HTS2310 and just substituting the front A23s with a pair of A26s?

A23 is 2-way 3 1/2 Bookshelf
whereas A26 is 2-way 6 1/2 Bookshelf.

Frequency range of A23: 80Hz - 25KHz
and that of A26: 51Hz - 25KHz

and I would let the rear surround remain as A23 only; how will it sound? I am doing it because of my music needs.

Its not a bad idea. Definately bookshelf speakers would overall give a good edge to bass for music. But i doubt the retailers will be able to give you the package separately. The other option would be to buy the andrew jones series as mentioned. You will get a fs based ht which will rock for music and movies as well. The AJ series is kind of the perfect ht package having floor standers. Also if you would be really interested in building your ht step by step then going in for only avr and fs+center now would be great and get the surround and sub later when you have the budget. This will give much room to upgrade later and would also be better in sound quality. Audition the sonodynes too. They are vfm as acclaimed by others also. If you really want to go in for the entire package and are ready to push your budget a little more, my recommendation would be to get the andrew Jones series

You could always look for used pieces. Burned in Speakers and a new AMP maybe?

I did land a decent deal for Used Wharfedale Diamond 9 CS Center and 10 DFS Rear for 15K which helped in limiting the budget.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back