Looking for a portable multimedia projector and portable screen

Aroongupta

Folks, following message I posted today in the morning in another forum...but did not get much response. May be this is the right place for it. Pardon my duplicating it...kindly advise.

rgds,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM People,

I want a multimedia projector and portable screen for which I seek your advise...what to go for...I myself have no idea whatsoever. Let me put some considerations as follows:

1) Need it for open air roof top terrace garden. So needs to be portable. Every time I will need to use it, I will have to pull it out and install and then pack it again and store. Average usage - once a week.
2) Primarily for watching movies...most times straight from Laptop/USB
3) I already have a Sony HT-DDW5000 (6.2ch with 1 receiver, 6 speakers and 2 subwoofers, 1510W rms) system installed for audio. The speakers are installed in their regular positions. Being outdoor, they have individual water proof enclosures ewhich are removed when in use.
4) Obviously...the viewing will be only late evenings
5) Please consider that it can be a bit windy at the 10th floor roof top sometimes...kindly suggest screen accordingly.
6) A short throw projector wud be good...thought its not a bottleneck I wud say
7) My wife woud be upset i I spend anything more than 1L. Ideally both screen and projector less that 75K will make me a bit more comfortable
8) If at that price, nothing good is available...I would rather not buy and wait a bit longer...meaning I do not want to compromise on quality.
9) Having said that, I understand quality is relative. I am not looking for HD quality...but something sharp enough not to be disappointing.
10) Asking a silly question...but is it possible to project from the rear side? Meaning the viewers sit on the front but the projection is from behind the screen therby causing no obstacles. I guess that's possible. But is it possible in all cases or need some special equipment. Anyhow, if that is posible, it would be great.

Looking forward.

rgds,
Arun Gupta

I am not much into projectors. There are lots of gurus who will come in with advise.

I was visiting a friend who lives in a gated community. Every Saturday, they assemble at an open door area and watch a movie. The Projector used is Epson that the operator brings from a small bag, uses, and repacks.

They use a wall painted white as a screen. In Windy areas, I think that is a good option. If you have large wall, just paint it and use it. That way you will save on the screen cost altogether.

You can project from the rear, but you need something like 20 feet of free space where the screen sits in between.

Cheers.

Folks, following message I posted today in the morning in another forum...but did not get much response. May be this is the right place for it. Pardon my duplicating it...kindly advise.

rgds,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM People,

I want a multimedia projector and portable screen for which I seek your advise...what to go for...I myself have no idea whatsoever. Let me put some considerations as follows:

1) Need it for open air roof top terrace garden. So needs to be portable. Every time I will need to use it, I will have to pull it out and install and then pack it again and store. Average usage - once a week.
2) Primarily for watching movies...most times straight from Laptop/USB
3) I already have a Sony HT-DDW5000 (6.2ch with 1 receiver, 6 speakers and 2 subwoofers, 1510W rms) system installed for audio. The speakers are installed in their regular positions. Being outdoor, they have individual water proof enclosures ewhich are removed when in use.
4) Obviously...the viewing will be only late evenings
5) Please consider that it can be a bit windy at the 10th floor roof top sometimes...kindly suggest screen accordingly.
6) A short throw projector wud be good...thought its not a bottleneck I wud say
7) My wife woud be upset i I spend anything more than 1L. Ideally both screen and projector less that 75K will make me a bit more comfortable
8) If at that price, nothing good is available...I would rather not buy and wait a bit longer...meaning I do not want to compromise on quality.
9) Having said that, I understand quality is relative. I am not looking for HD quality...but something sharp enough not to be disappointing.
10) Asking a silly question...but is it possible to project from the rear side? Meaning the viewers sit on the front but the projection is from behind the screen therby causing no obstacles. I guess that's possible. But is it possible in all cases or need some special equipment. Anyhow, if that is posible, it would be great.

Looking forward.

rgds,
Arun Gupta

Benq MP511, MP512 are good options for 32k, 1.5kg

few other options-

The Best Home Theater Projectors

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back