Looking for a Stereo Amplifier and CD player under 30000 Rs

I too use a Philips DVD player connected to the HT System and I must admit the sound is pretty good. While a dedicated high end CD player would outperform "all" DVD players probably (with the exception of an Oppo) its not always an option for everyone with the high costs involved. For myself I found that investing in Audioengine speakers was a better deal with most of my music collection on the PC and that's where I do most of my listening too. Not that I am against a dedicated CD player, but the Audioengine was giving great sound output and was working out cheaper too.

Well said Moserw. So it is evident that sound from Philips DVD players is good.

Its True that a Dedicated CDP will Outplay any DVD Player in audio quality , But if your budget is tight and you are settling for a budget system . then Dvd is more then enough.

A CD Player needs good matching system too. I have tried a Marantz DV 7001 along with the CD 6002 dedicated CDP , and boy the CD6002 is far more better then the DV7001 DVD Player.

thanks
Tharun.

Last edited:
It's a general psychology that imported brands are considered superior to Indian brands. Even though there are pioneers like Norge (from 1967), Enbee, etc. in India, we Indians consider owning Indian products is unworthy. Whenever members asked for budget solutions, either preowned imported brands are suggested or members were asked to stretch their budget. Hifivision claims to be "India's Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum", but more than 90% of posts recommend international brands. Members can show interest in reviewing Indian products, identifying the improvement areas in those products, and can put recommendations. This will help developing the Indian HiFi industry.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
....and you are settling for something like Craftel , Torvin , etc etc . then Dvd is more then enough.
thanks
Tharun.
Tharun,

Please don't get offended. You have all the rights to boast about the foreign brands but as an Indian, please do not degrade Indian products. At least don't mention the brand names.

You know, I really wish all of us were millionaires so that we could have the very best whether it be Indian or International. Till then of course I am rocking on my entry level Onkyo HT-S3100 and Audioengine speakers on the PC.

Tharun,

Please don't get offended. You have all the rights to boast about the foreign brands but as an Indian, please do not degrade Indian products. At least don't mention the brand names.

Mr.Muthusami s

There was no intention to degrade any Indian Brands , Infact i like the Norge amplifier very much and the Corroson which is put on for sale by a member is awesome.
What i meant in that post is If one is settling for a budget system then a decent DVD Player is enough because he could not find a huge difference between a DVD and a CD.
Hope this clarrifies your doubt:)

Regards
Tharun.

I hope the OP is reading all this and he will come back to us with his findings. So far no trace of him/her.....:(

It's a general psychology that imported brands are considered superior to Indian brands. Even though there are pioneers like Norge (from 1967), Enbee, etc. in India, we Indians consider owning Indian products is unworthy. Whenever members asked for budget solutions, either preowned imported brands are suggested or members were asked to stretch their budget. Hifivision claims to be "India's Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum", but more than 90% of posts recommend international brands. Members can show interest in reviewing Indian products, identifying the improvement areas in those products, and can put recommendations. This will help developing the Indian HiFi industry.

Just my opinion.

A very good point, Muthu! I, for one, would love to have an audition of the Indian speakers and amplifiers. I have once had a listen to a few Torvin floorstanders and liked what I heard. Unfortunately I had not gone armed with my CDs so could not take a full fledged demo.

I am sure when the opportunity presents itself I would love to listen to the Craftel and Audiocraft speakers. One brand I really wish to listen to is the Lithos and of course the Cadence:)

An entry level Cambridge Audio 340C SE which is about 13k or Marantz CD5001 which is about 10k will always beat hands down any DVD player (music)that costs lets say 8k (if that's what you meant by 'much lower price DVD')

Only IF you can live with the sound coming from a DVD player for a 2-channel setup that costs 'much lower' than a budget dedicated cdp, then one can happily take the plunge and get a 'much lower price' DVD.

IMO.

Hi Vinod,

I found oppo 980 is better than 981 for music.I didnt hear.Where can I get it
in Mumbai?

Muthu - any web site/ cost/ specs etc for these Indian products? I am interested in buying in Delhi.

The companies Norge, Torvin, Audiocraft do not have dealers or showrooms in Delhi. However, I am listing the websites below.

Norge Audiophile Systems
Torvin

Audiocraft does not have a web presence, but you can contact Mr. Mark at 9841023957.

I don't know the current prices of Audiocraft. I have purchased an amplifier (100W per channel) and floorstanders for 13.5K in Oct'07. Now the look and feel of the systems are improved a lot and obviously there must be increase in prices.

Muthu,

Can you give the addess of the Audiocraft place in Chennai? I would love to visit them and take an audition sometime.

Muthu,

Can you give the addess of the Audiocraft place in Chennai? I would love to visit them and take an audition sometime.

Sure. Contact details:

Mr. Mark (9841023957)
Audio Craft
No.37 Harris Road (Aathithanar Salai)
3rd floor, Pudupet,
Chennai 600002
Phone : 28521243
Landmark : 50 feet from Cafe Green hotel.

The companies Norge, Torvin, Audiocraft do not have dealers or showrooms in Delhi. However, I am listing the websites below.

Norge Audiophile Systems
Torvin

Audiocraft does not have a web presence, but you can contact Mr. Mark at 9841023957.

I don't know the current prices of Audiocraft. I have purchased an amplifier (100W per channel) and floorstanders for 13.5K in Oct'07. Now the look and feel of the systems are improved a lot and obviously there must be increase in prices.

I thought Audiocraft's website was Audio Craft Co., Inc.. Thanks for correcting Muthu.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back