Looking for a streamer

Hi

I'm looking to buy a streamer. Budget is max 40k.

My current setup for streaming is the Spotify/Tidal app on my LG Smart TV which is connected through Optical to my Yamaha AVR. I want to remove the TV from the chain.

I like the Bluesound Node but it is way over my budget. Best quote I got is for around 60k.

Alternate suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
You can get cam bridge audio in yo budget

Hi

My current setup for streaming is the Spotify/Tidal app on my LG Smart TV which is connected through Optical to my Yamaha AVR. I want to remove the TV from the chain.

I like the Bluesound Node but it is way over my budget. Best quote I got is for around 60k.

Thanks.
Yamaha WXC-50 is also a good option.

Hi

Thanks.
Yamaha WXC 50 will fit in

Hi

Thanks.

This could fit within your budget and seems to have all the right features. Might want to wait for a few more detailed reviews before getting it though.

Also, it’s just a streaming transport and so only relevant if you have an existing DAC.

Using Rpi4 - usb c- Khadas tone board Dac- rca- Denon pma600ne - Elac debut 2.0 b6.2.

Moodeaudio is fantastic. Flawless experience with Spotify Connect and offline Flac collection via USB pendrive connected to rpi4.. BubbleUPnP takes care of Tidal.I'll highly Recommend this low cost but high performing setup.

Hi

Thanks.
cant you try looking for a used bluesound node ?

This could fit within your budget and seems to have all the right features. Might want to wait for a few more detailed reviews before getting it though.

Also, it’s just a streaming transport and so only relevant if you have an existing DAC.
Yeah.. Saw this one. But I believe it's better to wait for reviews. Also seems a bit costly considering it does not have a DAC.

Using Rpi4 - usb c- Khadas tone board Dac- rca- Denon pma600ne - Elac debut 2.0 b6.2.

Moodeaudio is fantastic. Flawless experience with Spotify Connect and offline Flac collection via USB pendrive connected to rpi4.. BubbleUPnP takes care of Tidal.I'll highly Recommend this low cost but high performing setup.
Rpi setups seem a bit too technical for me. Hence not sure about them.

RPi is very simple - but if you want to avoid there are plenty similar solutions available ... but RPi is the basic streaming unit one can get. Certainly this won’t be “audiophile” grade at all

Considering your budget/requirement, get a NUC (NUC7CJYH should suffice, RAM/SSD additional) and install Volumio (Rs.270/month) on it. With this setup, you should be able to play Spotify/Tidal through your AVR seamlessly.
I take a step back, you don't even need a NUC for this. Actually you can install the Volumio on a RB Pi (super easy) and pass the Bitstream to AVR via HDMI. This way you can wrap up the whole project for less than 5K and will have a really good Streamer.

Available on HPZ @38K. Delivery by first half of July. Features modded Volumino, iPurifier in Digital input, a silent power supply etc. No DAC though.

At this price, may be Boss2, Arylic may make more sense.

I take a step back, you don't even need a NUC for this. Actually you can install the Volumio on a RB Pi (super easy) and pass the Bitstream to AVR via HDMI. This way you can wrap up the whole project for less than 5K and will have a really good Streamer.
Thanks. Though I'm not inclined towards Rpi but as you have mentioned the price point, I'm inclined. Any pointers towards this will be helpful.

Thanks. Though I'm not inclined towards Rpi but as you have mentioned the price point, I'm inclined. Any pointers towards this will be helpful.

Also check their forum, there are plenty of good instructions there.

Hi.. Couldn't find a used one.
abhinav - consider "auralic aries mini" - you should be able to get this used - if not in India through some good friends overseas. Its not just a regular streamer - but an entry level "audiophile" grade streamer. This unit- has many newer models - so you should be able to find one in the used market.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back