Looking for a streamer

Hi

I'm looking to buy a streamer. Budget is max 40k.

My current setup for streaming is the Spotify/Tidal app on my LG Smart TV which is connected through Optical to my Yamaha AVR. I want to remove the TV from the chain.

I like the Bluesound Node but it is way over my budget. Best quote I got is for around 60k.

Alternate suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
I think the pi2aes by pi2design is the best streamer & value for money. It performs extremely well.
I'm running pi2aes & rpi4 4gb/8gb with gentooplayer in RAM. Both hardware & software have all outputs & features of other high priced streamers.
Let me know if you have any questions

I think the pi2aes by pi2design is the best streamer & value for money. It performs extremely well.
I'm running pi2aes & rpi4 4gb/8gb with gentooplayer in RAM. Both hardware & software have all outputs & features of other high priced streamers.
I2S Output of pi2aes is connected to which dac? And if the pi2aes and i2s connector is available in India?

Hi.. Couldn't get information about it. If you could point towards its India availability & pricing?

As far as I know, PI2AES isn't available in India. If you need you will have to buy straight from their webshop. The hat board used to be $150 but now increased to $200. The case, power cables goes extra. Has most outputs, supposedly sound similar or better than allo digi signature. It isn't a dac.

Buying digione signature makes a lot of sense since they are made in India, unless one is on a lookout for specific digital out.

As far as I know, PI2AES isn't available in India. If you need you will have to buy straight from their webshop. The hat board used to be $150 but now increased to $200. The case, power cables goes extra. Has most outputs, supposedly sound similar or better than allo digi signature. It isn't a dac.

Buying digione signature makes a lot of sense since they are made in India, unless one is on a lookout for specific digital out.
As someone who owns both, found the pi2aes to be a better option on both sound quality and connectivity compared to the digione signature. However, pricing is higher and no local availability / shipping are problems

Do either of them have USB output? If not, any idea on how to use BNC output with conventional desktop DACs which have toslink/USB inputs?

As someone who owns both, found the pi2aes to be a better option on both sound quality and connectivity compared to the digione signature. However, pricing is higher and no local availability / shipping are problems
Thanks for this, there were no absolute comparisons I could find. This helps a lot of folks to make up their mind, atleast for me, with the plans I have.

Do either of them have USB output? If not, any idea on how to use BNC output with conventional desktop DACs which have toslink/USB inputs?
Usb out would be from PI not the hatboard. They do have SPDIF optical, SPDIF coax, apart from AES, I2S. You can find more info on their website.

If dac has only TOSLINK or USB, then the choice would be between PI2AES (toslink) OR Allo Usbridge (USB)

Hi

I'm looking to buy a streamer. Budget is max 40k.

My current setup for streaming is the Spotify/Tidal app on my LG Smart TV which is connected through Optical to my Yamaha AVR. I want to remove the TV from the chain.

I like the Bluesound Node but it is way over my budget. Best quote I got is for around 60k.

Alternate suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
If you do not need dac inbuilt this 1 from ifi seems amazing for price and feature.

Available at headphonezone.in for 38k

It looks like another single board computer with better USB and coax implementation and clean power tech of IFI. And it has given all functionality expected from a streamer at an affordable price. The only drawback it has usb and coax digital output.

Hi,
Are you looking for just a streamer or a Streamer with a DAC. Let me explain my understanding of this

I have tried a few (Raspberry pi based ones, a Chrome cast Audio, aBluesiunf node 2 and a DNM.
In my understanding more expensive streamers are more expensive because of better DACs built in.
Of course more expensive ones are better built, have quality power supply, some may have a display or even a pre amp stage with volume control. They also tend to have better software design for good user interface and ease of use.

But to receive wired or wireless signals from your router (Spotify, Tidal, Gaana, etc) any streamer witha digital output (Coax or optical or preferably both, will do) This gives you the choice of bypassing the not very good built in DAC and selecting a good DAC of your choice according to your budget. The DAC will make the most difference in the audio quality, assuming the rest of your chain is good.

if you have the budget then a high quality streamer DAC is worth trying (two functions in one box). Otherwise a streamer with digital output and the best external DAC that you can currently afford would be a good choice IMO. Disadvantage? Two boxes, need good inter connects.

I currently use a DNM A2 streamer to an external DAC (Mytek Liberty or PS audio digital link) and am quite happy at the moment. It can be controlled through the MUZO app from my phone or iPad. Set up is quick and painless and I can do Tidal and Spotify. I prefer the BluOS interface. But as you pointed out the Bluesound node is 50k more and I still preferred my external DAC to its built in DAC.

The DNM cost me @8200 and was shipped from Pune or Mumbai in two days. I am not able to get my favourite radio stations like Radio Paradise on the MUZO app. But I hope future updates will do this.

Hope this helps.
try the 4stream app it supports Internet radio most probably it Will recognise your streamer

Not available locally. You have to order it directly from the manufacturer
Is this better than allo digione signature in sound quality? I will be connecting to audiolab 6000a. Currently I am using digione was thinking to upgrade to digione signature.

Is this better than allo digione signature in sound quality? I will be connecting to audiolab 6000a. Currently I am using digione was thinking to upgrade to digione signature.
It is better but you will notice it only in a sufficiently resolving downstream system. May not be worth the effort / extra cost for the 6000a.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back