Looking for Dynaudio confidence owners and other observers

corElement

Hey there c1 and c20 owners and observers. I am looking for some opinions on what you think of the c1 and c20 vs some other brands. Pros cons, any thoughts really. Did you hear other bookshelf speakers which were subjectively better in your opinion? how so?

The C1 was in my list of speakers when I was looking a few years ago.
Tremendous speaker. What would you like to know?

The biggest negative was the price. But other than that it's a phenomenal speaker.
If you have the amp to drive it will absolutely kill many floorstanders with ease.
Superb mids and low end that will satisfy most musical tastes - highs are clean as a whistle.

This is a speaker ideal for smaller (living) rooms - will not overload the room.
With an amp that has plenty of headroom this speaker will make the room sing.
If your source has the quality, the C1 has the resolution for you to hear it.

I have not heard the C20.

The C1 was in my list of speakers when I was looking a few years ago.
Tremendous speaker. What would you like to know?

The biggest negative was the price. But other than that it's a phenomenal speaker.
If you have the amp to drive it will absolutely kill many floorstanders with ease.
Superb mids and low end that will satisfy most musical tastes - highs are clean as a whistle.

This is a speaker ideal for smaller (living) rooms - will not overload the room.
With an amp that has plenty of headroom this speaker will make the room sing.
If your source has the quality, the C1 has the resolution for you to hear it.

I have not heard the C20.

I was curious on how it compares to some other known make and models. like TAD, Sonus faber, ATC, Harbeth.. Most helpful would be a comparison of it against the jamo concert 8/d830 because that's my reference. I've heard it against 100k usd systems and holds its ground. So was curious how different the signature or texture is or a comparison of it against those other brands because I have a point of reference.

I have heard the C1 at a dealer here. It is a discontinued model. Really good speaker. I would suggest that you dont pair the speaker to a front end / amp combo that is too soft at the top. The esotar tweeter makes the top end a little sweet and you can easily land up with too much of a good thing. I like it better than any Harbeth or Sonus faber speaker. The high end ATC speakers and this speaker will become a matter of taste. The Sonus faber top models have a certain sound to it (Single malt whisky warmth enrobed in rich details) ...if you know what I mean!.. and some folks really love that and won't trade it for anything else. So, end of the day it is all a matter of taste. I have never heard a TAD speaker.

For coherence, resolving capability and balanced sound, you wont go wrong with it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back