Looking for feedback on Optomo projection screens.

sanjay0864

My understanding is that the 'Panoview' brand is now no more and Optoma is marketing projection screens under the 'OPtoma' brand. Is there anyone who has any experience with either 'Panoview' or 'Optoma' screens? I am particularly interested in the DS-9120PMG+ (manual, 16:9, 120") screen and the DE-9120EGA ('motorized', 16:9, 120") screen. Any feedback on either the quality or the price of these screens, will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

My understanding is that the 'Panoview' brand is now no more and Optoma is marketing projection screens under the 'OPtoma' brand. Is there anyone who has any experience with either 'Panoview' or 'Optoma' screens? I am particularly interested in the DS-9120PMG+ (manual, 16:9, 120") screen and the DE-9120EGA ('motorized', 16:9, 120") screen. Any feedback on either the quality or the price of these screens, will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

End of of 2009, these are the quotes I got from Ved:

For manual pull down - Model No.DS-9106PMG (For Matte White 106")
Model No.DS-9106PGG (For Matte Grey 106")
13k+tax

For electric screens - Model No.DE9106EGS (For Matte White 106")
Mode No.DE9106EGGS ( for matte grey 106")
37k+tax

Price included shipping to Banaglore.

The model numbers are quite similar to what you state so it may just be a name change.

I think at that time I was veering towards tab-tensioned electric, hence I did not buy, so can't say about quality.

Motorized Screen

Sanjay,

For a seasoned person like you :), should go for a motorized screen because of it's class and if the projector has a trigger facility then nothing like it, a true feel of a James Bond screen rolling down and up automatically.

V.

Last edited:
@yrk1969 Thank you for the information. I have the quotes from Optoma for both screens, was just hoping to get an alternate feedback. More importantly I am looking for someoen who ahs had some actual experience with these screens. Strangely enough, it is hard to find anyk kind of feedback, even online. Which makes it even harder to go in for the screen without demoing it first.

@vinay
Actually I am interested in one of each, for different installations and needs.

Screen Feedback

Sanjay,

Since there is no feedback available i am sure you will not go for these Optama screens, after all if something goes wrong, then the end user will hold you responsible in-directly or directly while it may have other implications too.

V.

@yrk1969 Thank you for the information. I have the quotes from Optoma for both screens, was just hoping to get an alternate feedback. More importantly I am looking for someoen who ahs had some actual experience with these screens. Strangely enough, it is hard to find anyk kind of feedback, even online. Which makes it even harder to go in for the screen without demoing it first.

Sanjay,

I see that you got the Optoma screen 120''. Can you share the feedback on this. How much did it cost and where did you purchase from.

I am also considering this, but as you mentioned there is not much feedback online.

Thanks
Purna

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back