Looking for good speakers for my TV

masterkd

I am planning to buy a speaker for my TV and currently confused between Swans M10 and Logitech Z623.
Budget: 7-8K
Usage: Mainly movies, TV shows and infotainment (Discovery, Nat Geo etc.) and bengali TV shows for my mom and fiancee :sad:. Music is minimal for me but a lot for my fiancee however she is not an audiophile and moderate sound quality will do for that. So voice clarity have more priority.
In short Movies & TV shows like GoT>>Music
Room size: 13' x 17'
I will connecting it to TV using RCA connectors. Also my STB and media player is connector to TV via HDMI.

Please guide me get the better one according to my usage. Also I am more inclined to Swans as Logitech have proprietary connector for right speaker. I am also open for other better suggestions within budget.
Thanks is advance.

I am planning to buy a speaker for my TV and currently confused between Swans M10 and Logitech Z623.
Budget: 7-8K
Usage: Mainly movies, TV shows and infotainment (Discovery, Nat Geo etc.) and bengali TV shows for my mom and fiancee :sad:. Music is minimal for me but a lot for my fiancee however she is not an audiophile and moderate sound quality will do for that. So voice clarity have more priority.
In short Movies & TV shows like GoT>>Music
Room size: 13' x 17'
I will connecting it to TV using RCA connectors. Also my STB and media player is connector to TV via HDMI.

Please guide me get the better one according to my usage. Also I am more inclined to Swans as Logitech have proprietary connector for right speaker. I am also open for other better suggestions within budget.
Thanks is advance.

My vote for Panasonic HT20 2.1 speaker setup. It's simple and tremendous value for basic tv watching.
Connect it to rca audio out from tv. So anything playing on tv, the sound comes from the Panasonic speakers.
MaSh

No questions . Go blind with logitech z623 . If you plan for Tv alone , consider sound bar .
2.1 wont go well with Tv channels.

hello guys am relatively new here, so excuse any noob questions.
Like you am also thinking of connecting my LG 32" monitor with swans m10 and use them for connecting
1)HD set top box via HDMI,
2)secondary inputs with my laptop via HDMI here also
Can you help me with connectors? will a standard 3.5 mm audio in jack of my monitor suffice as a connection with above config.
Apologies if i sound noob, but SWANS M10 is kind of a big investement for me, but hearing all the rave reviews i might just buy one.:yahoo::yahoo:

Preferred setup TV on wall mount and speakers on a wall shelf approx 6-7 feet away from me. i have read M10 need to be placed on table top for optimum performance, will the distance of 6-7 feet affect sound quality??
Thank you again.

bump,
i hope i am not being impatient but i really need some urgent feedback.
My setup is with an LG 32" monitor with which i wish to connect Swans M10 as primary sound output,Inputs would be TATA SKY HD+, and secondary input as my LAPTOP monitor.
So i also talked to the seller and he suggested that for my TATA SKY HD+ ( DTH SET TOP BOX) i should invest in a DAC too for best sound output, can anyone please help me :signthankspin:
1. if a DAC is really required?:confused::confused: Would the performance of M10 be seriously cutback without a DAC with my set top box?
2.in Indian market what would be the cheapest DAC if i had to consider?

A few other queries if any SWANS M10 owner reads this,please do reply!!:sos::sos::sos:

1 )Comments on the build quality? The cable into satellite speakers are not interchangeable so am afraid i might damage them? Did anyone face any such problems? Does the absence of grill effect in any way and how delicate are they to handle in general. I need to shift them from one room to another sometimes (once a month or so).Will they be able to survive that??

3)Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Has anyone tried considering this/any other bluetooth receiver?? (for connecting with my phone/tab.) Regarding connectors i wish to connect this with my monitor audio out via 3.5mm, will using RCA plug improve SQ?

4)The sound is supposed to be burned in for a few hours? What was the burn in period like?

5)How do they fare with Action movie/ Games ( read bass heavy explosions), because i was considering logitech z263 too, but after hearing from a friends set i didnt find the SQ in music and voice clarity (just my opinion) . From what i have gathered M10 are better in voice clarity but does it ever disappoint in bass?? just trying to guage what should expect.

6) Did you ever need a replacement/repair?
(If bought withing India,please do tell us how was the experience, planning to buy from one of these sellers:-
a)ProaudioHome- has it at a higher cost of 1.5k INR.
` b)Hifinage-Their RMA policies depend on me finding what part went kaboom, which sorry to say i might not be able to? What do I do if my speaker goes kaboom?)

7)Can anyone tell me the best position to place them, from what i have read they sound best when placed on table, but i do not have the space to place a 2.1 on my desk, can i place them @ 6 feet height above ground, just above my Monitor,(heard that blue light is a tad too bright) and still have the same sound experience? [My couch is 6-7ft from wall]

8)Is the popping sound an issue?Some units have had them,apologies if i seem a total noob but is that damaging/ signs of damage?? Besides how long can i keep them on? Daily/Weekly off?
Thank you guys,I appreciate the help a lot. :signthankspin::signthankspin:

bump,
i hope i am not being impatient but i really need some urgent feedback.
My setup is with an LG 32" monitor with which i wish to connect Swans M10 as primary sound output,Inputs would be TATA SKY HD+, and secondary input as my LAPTOP monitor.
So i also talked to the seller and he suggested that for my TATA SKY HD+ ( DTH SET TOP BOX) i should invest in a DAC too for best sound output, can anyone please help me :signthankspin:
1. if a DAC is really required?:confused::confused: Would the performance of M10 be seriously cutback without a DAC with my set top box?
2.in Indian market what would be the cheapest DAC if i had to consider?

A few other queries if any SWANS M10 owner reads this,please do reply!!:sos::sos::sos:

1 )Comments on the build quality? The cable into satellite speakers are not interchangeable so am afraid i might damage them? Did anyone face any such problems? Does the absence of grill effect in any way and how delicate are they to handle in general. I need to shift them from one room to another sometimes (once a month or so).Will they be able to survive that??

3)Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Has anyone tried considering this/any other bluetooth receiver?? (for connecting with my phone/tab.) Regarding connectors i wish to connect this with my monitor audio out via 3.5mm, will using RCA plug improve SQ?

4)The sound is supposed to be burned in for a few hours? What was the burn in period like?

5)How do they fare with Action movie/ Games ( read bass heavy explosions), because i was considering logitech z263 too, but after hearing from a friends set i didnt find the SQ in music and voice clarity (just my opinion) . From what i have gathered M10 are better in voice clarity but does it ever disappoint in bass?? just trying to guage what should expect.

6) Did you ever need a replacement/repair?
(If bought withing India,please do tell us how was the experience, planning to buy from one of these sellers:-
a)ProaudioHome- has it at a higher cost of 1.5k INR.
` b)Hifinage-Their RMA policies depend on me finding what part went kaboom, which sorry to say i might not be able to? What do I do if my speaker goes kaboom?)

7)Can anyone tell me the best position to place them, from what i have read they sound best when placed on table, but i do not have the space to place a 2.1 on my desk, can i place them @ 6 feet height above ground, just above my Monitor,(heard that blue light is a tad too bright) and still have the same sound experience? [My couch is 6-7ft from wall]

8)Is the popping sound an issue?Some units have had them,apologies if i seem a total noob but is that damaging/ signs of damage?? Besides how long can i keep them on? Daily/Weekly off?
Thank you guys,I appreciate the help a lot. :signthankspin::signthankspin:

Swans M10 well known model for music and VFM
I don't think so they do best with TV
I'm using for purely for music with Google Chrome cast audio. It is the best.... .

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back