Looking for Home theater speakers with deep bass!

I auditioned Dali zensar & Focal speakers last week. (not sure about Focal speaker model , it was tower speaker)

Speakers were too loud ..and hurting my ears. Initially the person in the showroom played in 62 db volume , i was not able to tolerate for 5 secs , i asked him to put the volume on 45db. Even after reducing volume , it wasnt sounding nice ..hurting my ears. BASS also was boom boom . He had 10" dali sub woofer.

I guess the speakers &sub-woofers were not calibrated & tuned properly.

Good sound system should be sounding nice to the ears , i am not looking for more louder speakers rather looking for nice sounding speakers.

Even in theatres i watched movies from front row ..with louder system...it was enjoyable other than the head ache we get after the movie. But the above system wasn't tolerable even for a minute. What's wrong?

Please recommend nice sounding speakers.

I auditioned Dali zensar & Focal speakers last week. (not sure about Focal speaker model , it was tower speaker)

Speakers were too loud ..and hurting my ears. Initially the person in the showroom played in 62 db volume , i was not able to tolerate for 5 secs , i asked him to put the volume on 45db. Even after reducing volume , it wasnt sounding nice ..hurting my ears. BASS also was boom boom . He had 10" dali sub woofer.

I guess the speakers &sub-woofers were not calibrated & tuned properly.

Good sound system should be sounding nice to the ears , i am not looking for more louder speakers rather looking for nice sounding speakers.

Even in theatres i watched movies from front row ..with louder system...it was enjoyable other than the head ache we get after the movie. But the above system wasn't tolerable even for a minute. What's wrong?

Please recommend nice sounding speakers.

Auditioning today's AVR can be tricky sometimes... If not properly calibrated and swapping speakers for demo often will result in a good speaker sounding really coarse..

I have had a similar experience of ProFX demo room in Chennai during AV Expo..

Best thing would be to engage the AVR in "Pure" mode (Pure Direct/ Pure Audio/Source Direct) for both movies/music.. This setting WILL override/bypass all the EQ settings whether correctly (or) incorrectly calibrated..

This should give a fairly good idea to judge a speaker..

Suggest you to take a demo again, but this time with "Pure" function on the AVR enabled..Insist the dealer to do it.. If he is not aware of it, grab the remote and do it yourself :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back