• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Looking for Integrated amplifier

jai1611

A valve amp is not a beginner friendly DIY project given the very high voltages involved. Be careful going down that route

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

mpw

Pick up a locally avbl Amp for a start..

Then see how it rolls for you

Otherwise options are endless.....

sunilj

Country,Folk rock, Jazz and not heavy bass related music
With rock, you'll need a little more grunt going the valve route. I personally like the EL34 and find the 2-3W amps inadequate.

Your mileage could vary, ultimately depending on the speaker sensitivity coupled with the design you choose. Get a demo before putting down the moolah. Good luck.

P.S: jai1611's advise is well worth taking seriously. Valve voltages don't hurt, they kill, you DIE.

sunilj

If you can solder and be careful, there are kits you'll be fine with. That was just a warning to take the DIY route seriously. If you're buying an amp, you don't need to worry about it.

kvandhi

Finally i purchased Marantz 5005 . Just started listening with my playlists. I can see so much detail in Sound quality.

Only minor issue, regarding the front panel, all are black and unable to see even in day light and need some torch light to see the control mark :)

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:
SPONSORED ADS