Looking for my first turntable

Rosenarayanappa

Hi,
Anyone got a decent pre-owned turntable to get me started? Got rega brio amp, concept 20 BS speakers for now. Looking for a matching turntable.
Thanks

Hi sir, I have Sansui turntable , model number # P_D15 . made in Japan. With orginal Needle + orginal Box

Get in touch with analogadikt he will be able to spare a nice turntable for you within your budget. He is an Audiiphile and has many turntables in his stable.

Had inquired with them a while back, they said they do not make 230V-50Hz models, please check with them on this aspect first.
They have DC motors so frequency makes no difference to the motor speed. Voltage can be taken care of by a stepdown trafo. But a manufacturer (?) who does not know this about their own products does not inspire confidence.

Regards,

Regards,

They have DC motors so frequency makes no difference to the motor speed. Voltage can be taken care of by a stepdown trafo. But a manufacturer (?) who does not know this about their own products does not inspire confidence.

Regards,

Regards,
+1 true.

Regards
Sachin

It looks like a great table for the price, voltage is not a issue as most of my amps run on 230 to 110 step-down transformer.

Regards,
Anil

Had inquired with them a while back, they said they do not make 230V-50Hz models, please check with them on this aspect first.

Regards,

Regards,
Responses by call centers are scripted. If you have seen the unboxing then you will see that there is a power adaptor for powering this unit. Also if you see the specs for power input it shows:
100 – 240 V AC (50/60 Hz)
Also this has a DC motor.
Not sure why people should be overthinking this.
There is no need for a step down transformer.
Please read specs on the following link: https://www.fluance.com/rt84t-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-black-gloss

I got my Pro ject from USA. No issue at all playing here. I will also be picking up a RT84 on my next visit to US as it gives the flexibility of swapping headshells.
Don't take tension and just take the plunge.

Responses by call centers are scripted. If you have seen the unboxing then you will see that there is a power adaptor for powering this unit. Also if you see the specs for power input it shows:
Please read specs on the following link: https://www.fluance.com/rt84t-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-black-gloss

I got my Pro ject from USA. No issue at all playing here. I will also be picking up a RT84 on my next visit to US as it gives the flexibility of swapping headshells.
Thanks to

Reply #9 does not does not state the response was from a call center. So should I assume that it is a call center response which is according to a standard script, so not much importance be given to that? Won't that be over thinking?

I don't think it was necessary for me to see the unboxing video, am not planning to buy this so why should I ? And have been unboxing equipment for nearly 45 years without aid of a video with no problems.

And if they are giving 100/240 volts adaptor, that means it is SMPS supply, not a linear one, so there shall be quite a bit of dirt/hash in the power supply and it can be heard.

Also that means the script writers have got the script wrong about the power supply.

Apart from the DC motors with fragile electronics, the biggest issue with these Chinese manufactured turntables is the tonearm. Most have sloppy bearings and incorrect alignment.

IMHO instead of buying this sort of stuff it is better to buy a vintage TT with a AC motor. They have no electronics to fail, and the synchronous motors give a very stable performance. The tonearms are also far better than those seen on these budget decks.

Regards,

Anwesh

Hi
If you are interested in Rega Planar 8 turntable then pm me.I have purchased it in the month of Feb.2019 in India with bill and warranty.

Am really looking forward to starting with a turn table soon. Just that the price and sourcing of vinyls is really weighing on my mind.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back