Looking for Native 4k Projector Recommendations

zendya

Hello FMs,

I am considering upgrading from my current 1080p projector (Optoma HD141x) to a True/Native 4k projector. Usage is watching Movies/Shows/Cricket. Not into gaming. Budget is about Rs 1.5-2L.

As usual the India prices are much higher than the US prices but the duty is also a bummer. Not many friends/colleagues traveling so hand carrying thro' someone is not an option; size also doesn't make it convenient to ask anyone to carry. So options are to buy locally (warranty cover is definitely an advantage) or order from Amazon.com and pay the duty as per what Amazon shows.

Would be great to hear from FMs who are using 4k projectors about their experience and recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry.I don't think you may get a native 4k pj at your budget.
I have the same opinion. You will hardly find a decent 4K PJ in this budget. With inflated prices and recent prices increase on the name of pandamic/ chips shortage etc… you will see only enter level like Benq Optoma and Epson. All are 4 k enhanced but none are native. JVC and Sony are well regarded for their native 4K capabilities but the range starts from >5lacs. I am planing to take a demo of JVC new line up on Monday. If you want I can enquire about the best prices.

Sorry.I don't think you may get a native 4k pj at your budget.
I had looked at Benq TK800M and few Optoma 4K UHD ones which are advertised as Tru4k. I guess I was wrongly assuming True 4k was same as Native 4k. Looks like True 4K is really UHD (3840 x 2160), 8.3 M.

Given that native 4k are too expensive, I should look for options from the True 4K (3840 x 2160) choices.

(Will check if I can change the thread title to "Looking for True 4k Projector Recommendations" :)

I have the same opinion. You will hardly find a decent 4K PJ in this budget. With inflated prices and recent prices increase on the name of pandamic/ chips shortage etc… you will see only enter level like Benq Optoma and Epson. All are 4 k enhanced but none are native. JVC and Sony are well regarded for their native 4K capabilities but the range starts from >5lacs. I am planing to take a demo of JVC new line up on Monday. If you want I can enquire about the best prices.
Right. Looks like Native and True 4k are different. And for my budget I should looks for True4k options.

About the new JVC lineup - are you looking at native 4k (dla_n5be/dla_n7be)? Yes - would appreciate if you can enquire about their best prices.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back