Looking for Receiver to match with Speaker

BRAT88

Before Posting lemme make a few points about myself so you understand it better .
I have been into HiFi (not exclusively Hi-Res though) audio since last year.
It started with mobile audio ..

First was Lenovo Vibe X3 n Soundmagic E10s . the device was quite buggy .

Few months later Bought Audio Technica ATH-SR7 and ATHProMK2 and a hi-res phone HTC Desire 10 lifestyle for transport but got disillusioned with the device soon.
While in a connundrum of buying fiio X7 bought LG V20 instead along with Akg k240 n Soundmagic E80s and been happy with that ever since .

Then came hifi audio from speakers and got into AV Receiver game
around June.
Wanted to try some before finalizing .
Bought a pair of new Taga Harmony TAV-806S speakers (at 6.5k) and a 2nd hand yamaha rx-V440 (7k) to start with .
Initial experience was good for a first timer especially compared to what I was getting using multimedia speakers from PC .

1 month later ,after a bit of digging , wanted to try the "upscaling" feature and HDMI uncompressed 5-7 channels processing for movie viewing since I was using SPDIF to send some form of DTS/Dolby encoded 5 channel data to the receiver (rx-V440).

Tried another 2nd hand receiver . Bought a Denon x2100w (US imported origially along with a GOOD quality transformer, 7 months old @17k via OLX and 3 more pairs of new TAV-806S .

Using Denon (after a bit of tweaking and some handicaps , dont ask , LOL) the HDMI sound transmission and video upscaling was a treat to the eye when connected with my PCs Nvidia GTX 950 graphics card (native x265 decoding , video processing core etc etc) .Bluetooth was a bonus . Media server via wifi from my V20 or Oneplus was also fantastic !

Finally I decided I wanted to build something more permanent solution to this like with floor standings , ATMOS , DTS-X , Subs etc .

Finalised on buying TAV-806 floor standers , Taga platinum C-100 center and Taga Platunum Sw-10 subwoofers (or a 2nd pair of floor standers) .

But , the choice of AV receivers have become a tough one
especially with many competent choices within decent price range .
the Onkyos ( Tx-NR575 @44k , tx-NR676 @51k )
the Yamahas (rx-v583 @50k , rx-v683 58k , rx-A1060 @1L )
the Denons (AVR-x4300H @83k )
the Sony (what hifi highly rated STR-Dn1080 @51k)
the Pioneers (VSX-924 @36k , VSx-932 @45k , VSx-Lx101 @45k , VSx-Lx302 @62k , VSx-Lx501 , VSx-Lx59 @90k-1L etc etc ..)

My Main problem remains the question as to which receiver wouldnt be an overkill for the speaker set mentioned , so as to reflect the subtle finesse delivered by the relatively higher end models mentioned , over their medium range counterparts .

Any suggestion on receiver (ones here along with ones that arent) is welcome

Finally I decided I wanted to build something more permanent solution to this like with floor standings , ATMOS , DTS-X , Subs etc

Depends.. If budget is a constraint, you can keep it at 5.2.2.. If you have any more, you can go all the way up to 7.2.4..

So what is your max budget for AVR & speakers ? for now you have only a pair of Taga Harmony TAV-806S speakers ?

Depends.. If budget is a constraint, you can keep it at 5.2.2.. If you have any more, you can go all the way up to 7.2.4..

So what is your max budget for AVR & speakers ? for now you have only a pair of Taga Harmony TAV-806S speakers ?
I have 8 Taga 806S currently. Max is around 1L.BTW how is x3300w for music? its about 64k now..so worth a try.
Another thing..how good is LCR-60 in replacing fronts?

Last edited:
Max is around 1L. BTW how is x3300w for music? its about 64k now..so worth a try.

May be if you negotiate a bit, you can get lucky with x 3300..

I have them and use it along with Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 fronts & Dual Taga Platinum SW 10v2 subs for stereo and happy with it..

Another thing..how good is LCR-60 in replacing fronts?

I have the LCR-60 as surrounds in my set-up..Mounted them a day back.. They are good..

I have 8 Taga 806S currently.

May be you can consider picking up 3 more pairs of the same speakers and you can add a sub (or) two with your AVR..

I am gonna get 806 floorstandings and c-100 center . I dont want the new receiver to be an overkill for 806f+c-100+806S . Hence the whole post.
Always at a dilemma with subs ..Shouldnt the fronts be enough ...? I like meaty but not bassy sound.
for sub should i get 1 sw-10 or 2 inmove8 subs ..coz both will cost the same .

Last edited:
I am gonna get 806 floorstandings and c-100 center . I dont want the new receiver to be an overkill for 806f+c-100+806S . Hence the whole post.

If you are going for 806, then best would be to get a matching center from same series 806c..

You can still go with C-100 and it might dominate the rest the of the speakers, since they are higher series..

These speakers would do fine with any AVR..

Always at a dilemma with subs ..Shouldnt the fronts be enough ...? I like meaty but not bassy sound.

This is subjective..Some like bass with FS and some like sub.. A sub will be better than FS in producing bass.. You also get the advantage of tweaking bass to your liking..

for sub should i get 1 sw-10 or 2 inmove8 subs ..coz both will cost the same

Dual identical is better & what has been recommended in many articles..

Inmove has 8 inch sub.. May not be enough.. Taga TSW 90/120 may be slightly more, but should do..

Last edited:
These speakers would do fine with any AVR..
Even for a high end one like denon x4300h(Marantz sr7011 equivalent internally except for HDAM)?
Will they be enough to convey the nuances these beasts offer ?

I am asking this coz taga azure or platinum is an alternative..

But my question is how much of that extra paid premium goes for sound improvement ...and how much for deco and metal drivers ..
Paper Cone and Silk Dome are ideally suited as driver materials , especially paper cone (felt+wool) but they can absorb moisture and change characteristics and hence needs to be protected .Big enclosures are also essential for transparency airy characteristics which I came to love so much about 806S.

Even for a high end one like denon x4300h(Marantz sr7011 equivalent internally except for HDAM)?
Will they be enough to convey the nuances these beasts offer ?

I am asking this coz taga azure or platinum is an alternative..

But my question is how much of that extra paid premium goes for sound improvement ...and how much for deco and metal drivers ..
Paper Cone and Silk Dome are ideally suited as driver materials , especially paper cone (felt+wool) but they can absorb moisture and change characteristics and hence needs to be protected .Big enclosures are also essential for transparency airy characteristics which I came to love so much about 806S.

Having used the Sonodyne Sonus BS, Avnt LCR 250 (Both silk dome tweeter) and the Klipsch RP160M, Taga Platinum LCR60 (Both Titanium tweeter) with the same AVR Denon x 3300 in an untreated room, i find the highs from metal tweeter to have a great presence in my room..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back