Looking for Speaker recommendations (Bookshelf Speakers only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a speaker you like rather than buying many? Just curious why you'd buy many speakers and still have the itch
You are right; it would be cheaper and more logical too.I did not buy them all at the same time. Got a pair, then wondered how this other one would be…so on.

At some point they will appear in the classifieds section or OLX… for the moment it’s like…having a harem?

You are right; it would be cheaper and more logical too.I did not buy them all at the same time. Got a pair, then wondered how this other one would be…so on.

At some point they will appear in the classifieds section or OLX… for the moment it’s like…having a harem?

This line reminded me of me in an ice cream parlor when I was 10. I understand what you mean but satisfaction is a better flavor than curiosity IMO :D

This line reminded me of me in an ice cream parlor when I was 10. I understand what you mean but satisfaction is a better flavor than curiosity IMO :D
Some audiophiles derive satisfaction precisely from hearing music from multiple speakers / amps if they can afford them.
Three out of 4 of his speakers are prestigious British brands and therefore his take on them is especially valuable.

Some audiophiles derive satisfaction precisely from hearing music from multiple speakers / amps if they can afford them.
Three out of 4 of his speakers are prestigious British brands and therefore his take on them is especially valuable.

He mentioned upgrading, so maybe he was not satisfied with them. If curiosity is his satisfaction then he has already reached the goal.

It doesn't really matter if they are "prestigious" or not, I'd think anyone interested in those speakers might be curious about his views if they were combing for opinions. They could be local made as well, it doesn't really matter as long as one enjoys the sound.

Let’s try to help the OP with recommendations on good bookshelf speakers to short list?
Though I think he might have indicated an end to this discussion with the DIY route.

He mentioned upgrading, so maybe he was not satisfied with them. If curiosity is his satisfaction then he has already reached the goal.

It doesn't really matter if they are "prestigious" or not, I'd think anyone interested in those speakers might be curious about his views if they were combing for opinions. They could be local made as well, it doesn't really matter as long as one enjoys the sound.
How on earth do you assume he has reached the goal ? Has he mentioned anywhere that 4 speakers is the max he will experiment with ? If he pleases he can have 4 more pairs , ain’t so ?

Secondly , yes it matters that they are ‘prestigious’ brands.

Reactions: RRR
How on earth do you assume he has reached the goal ? Has he mentioned anywhere that 4 speakers is the max he will experiment with ? If he pleases he can have 4 more pairs , ain’t so ?

Secondly , yes it matters that they are ‘prestigious’ brands.

I clearly state if curiosity is his satisfaction he has reached the goal, this does not mean he should stop buying speakers rather that he should continue to do so as that is his satisfaction, in case you did not understand.

No it doesn't.

I clearly state if curiosity is his satisfaction he has reached the goal, this does not mean he should stop buying speakers rather that he should continue to do so as that is his satisfaction, in case you did not understand.

No it doesn't.
In case you do not understand, you are now being contrarian just for the sake of it , without meaning or purpose. In other words - you are being a troll.

Hi,
If you wish to audition the amp with my speakers you are most welcome.
I have the following at the moment (talk about the itch; it’s maddening !!!) that can be tried out.
1. ATC SCM11
2. Harbeth P3ES
3. Spendor A5R (mini towers)
4. Indiq audio Diamond Achal (floor standers)

I have heard some very good feedback on your R2R DAC. I would love to hear this too if possible.

DM?
Hey @Analogous
Heard a lot about your set up from various set up. Would love to give them a listen. Really kind of you to invite. I’ll pm you my number. We can definitely catch up.

Cheers!
Som

Paul Wilson’s philosophical take on the afflictions of audio enthusiasts makes for some interesting reading…

@Prodigy, happy to call and talk with you, soon. But you must know I have only had them for a few months. There are veterans on the forum who have been Harbeth owners for many years. You could start a thread with your question to get the benefit of their experience and knowledge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any 1st hand experience with the R100’s ? Hopefully tomorrow will be getting mine but anything that anybody can share will help.
Will be getting the Bromo too hopefully delivered tomorrow or max may be the day after. Delhivery Courrier services are not so great in my location. Though it’s reached Bangalore yesterday it’s yet to ring my door bells :p

If you are okay with active speakers, I would highly recommend the swans d200, you can have it sourced from D&V audio, amazon. They are both good for desktop and bedroom/medium room setup.

CDF7AC8E-9B69-4EF0-BE9B-72F814786807.jpeg

After serious thinking and all the research the 2 big boys have landed. Connected everything and now giving them a listen. Spent about an hour on both. Almost same tracks repeated. Initial impressions: Just Wow!
Especially the R100 is a tiny beast. Don’t get fooled by its size and Bromo - It’s a monster.

From this:
After several recommendations on DIY, i happened to stumble upon this.. https://audiofy.in/collections/spea...shelf-speaker-kit-pair?variant=36920226447521

Anyone here have built or heard these?

Regards,
Som

To this:
Hey Gopi.. I have decided to explore the BS via DIY Route.. As some of them suggested, i too got in touch with some of the Diy Experts and picked up the Satori Drivers and Tweeter kit. Probably the same will be delivered by Next Saturday is what Eight Audio has confirmed,,

Lets see how the build turns out to be.. Ill keep you all posted on how it turns out to be.. Whether or no my decision to go with this was a good / bad idea. There are mixed review about the kit and these are not so easy going on my amps too as per the specs but thought, lets give it a shot..

Anyways, if this does not work the way i intend it to sound, probably the hunt continues.
To this:
Anyone have any 1st hand experience with the R100’s ? Hopefully tomorrow will be getting mine but anything that anybody can share will help.
Will be getting the Bromo too hopefully delivered tomorrow or max may be the day after. Delhivery Courrier services are not so great in my location. Though it’s reached Bangalore yesterday it’s yet to ring my door bells :p
And finally here:

In, what, two weeks?!
You deserve your name, friend.
Please drop mid- to long-term observations.
Of course, this may not be for everyone, but love your decision-making!
All the best, and enjoy.

The amp is even more monstrous :)
Very true. When @Prodigy had come over to listen to the KEF R300, he had lugged the amp.
Took one look at it and was scared to even attempt lifting it. It's one of those "need a dolly to move" amps.

Sounded good in my rig though. We played it for about 45 - 60 mins; didn't heat up much.
To be fair, it was sitting in the open with a ceiling fan right above it.

Cheers,
Raghu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back