Looking for speakers for nearfield / desktop use

shrayv

Hello All,

I'm looking for suggestions for a pair of nearfield field speakers (powered / studio monitors). My budget is around 30k. I am also open to a passive setup with amp, however, i feel my budget would be restrictive.

I the Wharfdale 11.2 and ELAC listed on the classifieds, although I'm not sure if these are suited for nearfield listening.

Appreciate your inputs.

Cheers

Look for Edifier, PreSonus, Adam etc.

Did a little bit of reading and found a few options:
  • JBL 305/306/308 -
    • I would a audio interface or DAC with XLR to run this
  • Presonus Eris 4.5
  • Presonus Studio 5 (Beyond budget)
  • Kali LP-6 V2 (Beyond budget)
Could someone who has had a chance to listen to these or own them provide their insights?

Cheers

• JBL 305/306/308 -
  • Presonus Eris 4.5
Could someone who has had a chance to listen to these or own them provide their insights?

Cheers
I have a pair of presonus 4.5 and they sound really good.

MaSh

If you are on Apple ecosystem, then the HomePod mini (in stereo configuration) can be a smart option with decent sound quality and good looks well within that budget.

I have a set of Presonus Eris 3.5 and a set of Edifier 1850DBs. I've had to get the PreSonus speakers repaired twice now so would personally never recommend them due to the quality of the parts. However sound wise they were great for what I used them for (video editing) but lacking in the low end. Right now the have been relagated to TV duty with an old sub and serve their purpose well

I'm looking at upgrading my "monitors" and don't think anything comes close to the JBL LSR 306p for under 30k for a pair

I have a set of Presonus Eris 3.5 and a set of Edifier 1850DBs. I've had to get the PreSonus speakers repaired twice now so would personally never recommend them due to the quality of the parts. However sound wise they were great for what I used them for (video editing) but lacking in the low end. Right now the have been relagated to TV duty with an old sub and serve their purpose well

I'm looking at upgrading my "monitors" and don't think anything comes close to the JBL LSR 306p for under 30k for a pair

I'm considering these as well. They are well priced on Amazon/Flipkart ongoing sale.

Cheers

• JBL 305/306/308 -
  • Presonus Eris 4.5

Cheers
I've listened to JBL 305lp mk2, Kali LP6 and Adam Audio T5Vs. I use a pair of Adam Audio T5Vs with an Adam Audio T10 Subwoofer in my office setup. (Source: Roon via Laptop > USB > Audient Evo4 > Balanced outputs to speakers). I would actually be quite happy with this as my main setup too.

The speakers are an arm's length (plus 6 inches) away from me, on stands. A friend of mine uses the the same speakers on his desktop with IsoAcoustic stands, and he said those were a perceptible step above (sound-wise) generic studio stands which he used to use earlier.

More (comparison and mini-review of impression between speakers) here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hello-recovering-entry-level-audiophile-here.84347/post-939521

I've listened to JBL 305lp mk2, Kali LP6 and Adam Audio T5Vs. I use a pair of Adam Audio T5Vs with an Adam Audio T10 Subwoofer in my office setup. (Source: Roon via Laptop > USB > Audient Evo4 > Balanced outputs to speakers). I would actually be quite happy with this as my main setup too.

The speakers are an arm's length (plus 6 inches) away from me, on stands. A friend of mine uses the the same speakers on his desktop with IsoAcoustic stands, and he said those were a perceptible step above (sound-wise) generic studio stands which he used to use earlier.

More (comparison and mini-review of impression between speakers) here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hello-recovering-entry-level-audiophile-here.84347/post-939521
hey, do you think the M-Audio BX8 D3 is good for movies? It's on Amazon for 20k. but I'm not sure if its good for movies. I was planning on adding a subwoofer later, but i want the max bang for the buck.

edit: i didn't know its a single piece

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back